1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi Stolen - North Balgowlah/seaforth Area - Sydney

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Deluxe, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Had a call from mate Marcus this morning to say that Cam Gray (Manly lifeguard) had his kombi stolen from outside his house last night. He heard nothing but it was gone when he went to get in this morning. I don't know exactly where Cam lives but its somewhere near Wakehurst Parkway.

Late bus. Tin top, baby blue. Camper interior. From memory it has dark tinted windows. Aluminium roo bar on the front.
    Bus appeared on Hungry Jacks ad a couple of years ago.

As with all of us, this is Cams pride and joy and daily drive to work as a lifeguard at Manly.

Keep those keen kombi eyes peeled

VIN 2352125850 and engine number AP044770

[​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. vinny

vinny Active Member

bastards should be shot

3. sacky

sacky Member

That is bad news hope he gets it back and is not damaged and catch the low life that knocked it off.

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Pitiful lowlife :wtf: let's hope kombi karma prevails :umm:

5. Justin

Justin Active Member

is it just me , or does he seem to be 7ft tall standing next to the bus ??? :umm:

not only does he have a respected job , but drives around in style

why anyone would want to rob this guy is beyond me - it makes me so god damn angry !!!

i hope he has it returned to him !

bastard scum :mad:

6. thomas.stockwell

thomas.stockwell New Member

makes everyone so angry.
    hope it gets returned soon.

keeping my eyes peeled.

7. Fooksy

Fooksy Member

What bastards!!!!!! People like these do not deserve to sit in a Kombi. Stealing shit just goes against everything kombis are about!
    Hope he gets it back!

8. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

see this kombi nearly every weekend. that's a few kombis that have been posted up here as stolen. we need to secure our vehicles more effectively now...

9. grill_pig

grill_pig New Member

This bus belongs to my cousin. He had it stolen from the front of the house between the hours of 11:30pm (when he got home) and 2:30am (when I drove past). It was stolen from right out the front of his house where he parks it every night of the week. We don't think that it was someone after his bus in particular as other cars in the street had been broken into that night, rather someone just looking for a joy ride.

I received a phone call from him this morning and I couldn't believe it was true. He saves peoples lives for a living and now someone has taken his pride and joy. We are searching high and low for it but I beg the people of the northern beaches and anyone else to please keep your eyes peeled. We have searches almost ever street in his and surrounding suburbs but no luck as of yet. Once again, if you see anything that could possibly be it, have a closer look. He is a top bloke and dosent deserve this.

If anyone has any info contact me on 0422366919. Anytime, anywhere.

Cheers.

10. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

I agree Kai...i was thinkin the same thing as i read this.
    It appears more than ever that we have something a little special and need to take necessary precautions.

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Might be interesting to know how much fuel it had in it and if it had a locking fuel cap. If it was someone just taking it for a ride, how much fuel would limit how far they could get. Its not like they will pull into a petrol station to fill up. Its a sad sign to us all that we need to take extra care to keep our kombis. I hope it gets found just parked up and left somewhere out of petrol.

12. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

I almost bought this bus, it's a real good looking kombi. Hopefully kombi karma comes full circle and bites some ****** in the arse. There are plenty of Kombis on the northern beaches so hopefully everybody that knows will keep a look out and it's returned.

13. Frank

Frank Active Member

This is real lousey for Cam ..I have seen his Kombi often parked along the Manly beach front, so will keep a look out for it.

One of the first things I did when I bought my bay window Kombi was install a cut-out switch... ..just makes it harder for anyone to take the car, and doesn't cost a lot to install

[​IMG]

14. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

I understand that Cams bus has now been found without too much damage.

Some good news to start the week

15. Justin

Justin Active Member

agreed , i installed an alarm , immobiliser and cut out switch after some little rat-bag tried to steal my doug about a year ago :(

lucky my car remained where it was , not burnt out in the bush or whatever or flogged off as parts on ebay etc . . .

must be the worst feeling having your car stolen from you :cry:

16. grill_pig

grill_pig New Member

Can confirm his bus has been found. It was dumped in the back of Brookvale. No major damage just a few little things like the indicator stalk has been snapped and glovebox lid broken. All in all a good result.

Thankyou to all the people whom kept an eye out for it, I'm sure karma will prevale and help you out in one way or another.

17. clarki63

clarki63 Member

Nice one - really pleased to hear that news, although bloody annoying that they have to wreck stuff in the process as well. They better hope the Northern Beaches Kombi Mafia doesn't catch up with them (but Karma definitely will - the Universe has a way of sorting these things out).

18. Justin

Justin Active Member

i think we call all have a collective sigh of relief :)

19. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

I have one of these and am yet to install it... this is a definite motivation enhancer.

Glad the Bus is back it could have ended much worse.
    I believe in the end Kombi Karma will prevail and these mongrels get whats coming.

20. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

The APB was for a Baby Blue tin top not Blue & White.