1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombis in Currarong

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Kai, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention how fantastic the park was and the people there too great family run place.

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hey Guys, Awesome !! ( still really dirty that I couldn't make it....) looks like you had great weather & company. well done, Cheers, Mark

3. oldman

Hey Markus, are you running a mechanical fuel pump ? If so, you may have a pierced diaphragm. I had similar issues years ago & used two tanks of fuel between ACT & Sydney. For every stroke forward, the diaphragm was pumping fuel out through the fuel pump breather hole - underneath the pump. Check it out. If all your hoses & connections/filter are OK I'm betting the diaphragm'll be the culprit. Easy fix - just put a kit through the fuel pump. Hope it's an easy fix for you & you don't burn........cheers, Mark

4. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

On the subject of Beer, Peroni Leggerra are reallllly nice.

Hey Mark there is always Kombis in Currarong 2012!. or maybe we can plan something else in the South Coast a bit sooner ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  5. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Great photos and yes, the fishing was fun! :) They were certainly biting, just a shame we couldn't catch the mummy and daddy Flathead.... we had to throw all our little guys back to grow some more :lol:

Mark, not sure whether I have a mechanical or electric fuel pump will have to check it out tomorrow. I do know that 40 litres of fuel dumped on my front lawn and I had the hose running for quite a while to dilute it all... :wtf:

6. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

needed a clean bucket Markus could have saved the fuel for the Mower.

Those flatty's will be Huge if they can not get caught between now and next year!

7. KombiMadness

Yeah, I went running into the garage to try and find some kind of large container but had nothing... so had to let run out on my front lawn. Bloody waste and not real good for the grass either!

8. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Getting myself going this morning is proving difficult after a great weekend!
    4days next time!!

9. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Well what can i say that has not been said allready WOW great weekend great company and a top spot , put me down for the next one.
    A few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

John Chillin out
    [​IMG]
    Dave on a mission
    [​IMG]
    Looking out from Honeymoon Bay Markus out there somewhere
    [​IMG]
    Markus ready for anything
    [​IMG]

11. oldman

Great pics. Mick :cool: looks like an awesome spot.

Hey Mark there is always Kombis in Currarong 2012!. or maybe we can plan something else in the South Coast a bit sooner

Nath., I can assure you I'll be looking to use my credit voucher before then, so will look at a date after the Christmas madness dies down. Before Easter & hopefully before it starts to get too cold .....( I'm ok, I'll just pack a steamer, but my wife does not like the cold....)

Markus, if you had fuel pissing out at that rate on your lawn, it's unlikely to be the fuel pump. Hope you get it sorted soon......at least you won't have to mow that section of grass for a while.....:wtf:

Cheers, Mark

12. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

After seeing pics and hearing stories I think Christine is convinced and should be a go for K.I.C 2012.
    4 Days for sure next time, Modayitis at its worst today!

13. oldman

Was it the picture of you without a beer that clinched it ......? :lol:

Cheers, Mark

14. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Maybe..... But she knows I don't drink Coke....
    I am a Pepsi Man all the way, Although it was mostly Dr Pepper when not Beer O'clock over the weekend.

Might be the Sunshine, the beautiful beaches and the fact that it wasn't a 4+hr trip to Wild and wet misery

15. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

[youtube]3EO_N-uuQnM[/youtube]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  16. Dubman

Dubman Well-Known Member

Damn it Kai I was going to use that song for the Dakar Dust Bowl trip to the Lighthouse.
    Might go with some Bob Marley instead, Wish I had thought to set up my funky camera in the rear window for this part of the run down.

Love the vid though, better get cracking on mine.

17. Frank

Frank Active Member

Nice YouTube clip Kai - and thanks for sharing.

Looks like you all had a great time.

I mowed the lawn at home :(

18. KombiMadness

Very cool vid, Kai :cool:

You can't go wrong with Carlos as your sound track!

I should point out that Amber is driving the Kombi; I am in front of her towing the boat with the 'Cruiser.

The dappled light along Seven Mile Beach Rd looks awesome...

19. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

I like the story this video is telling. It's a simple story, for sure, but a great one. Also, I have to interview a bunch of people this afternoon, and now this is going to be stuck in my head!

20. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Glad you guys liked the vid. The camera was just sitting on the dash leaning against the window

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.