1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is a game of juggling balls.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by heartland, Mar 25, 2008.

1. heartland

heartland New Member

I am reading a book at the moment by James Patterson and I just loved these words of wisdom and thought I would share it with you all he explains it beautifully I thought.

"Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day, you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls - family, health, friends and integrity - are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life".

2. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

Jane,

Sounds like you have the balls nicely balanced to me!

Thanks for sharing.

3. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

continually trying to find a balance

How busy are we these days,hardly enough time to scratch ourselves and so easy to drop one or more of the balls.Its a good reminder thankyou for posting this Jane.Hope you're having a great day :)

4. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

You've hit the nail on the head there Jane. Its so very very true!!! Words of wisdom.