1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Luckyphil's Curtain Hanging Solution

Discussion in ''How To' & 'Handy Hints'' started by Luckyphil, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, While thinking of how to cleanly fit curtains to my T3 I came up with this solution.
    The fitting is from my sailing tool box and they can be bought at whitworths. They come flat but I bent them to hold the hook off the headlining a bit. Can use a vice or I just used 2 shifting spanners to bend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Thats fantastic, looks really well finished off. What kind of shop and where is Whitworths?

Thanks, Deb

3. Luckyphil

Hi Deb, Whitworths is a marine supplies shop that sells a full range of sailing fixtures & fittings. Bias Boating or any shop that sells sailing bits & pieces will either stock them or be able to get them. Brands like Ronstan or Riely do these fittings. I dont actually know what this part is called but the shops should have them.

4. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Thanks Phil thats great. They guys that have just done my upholstery are a marine place so I bet the have them. Are you making your own curtains? if so how much fabric did you need?

5. Luckyphil

No Deb can't sew but hopefully my wife will make me some. Have not got material yet, so hard to pick from all the stuff available.

6. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

That loks a lot neater than just wraping the wire around the knob.

well done.

Learn to sew ;) its not that hard :rolleyes:

7. Luckyphil

Hi All
    Those stainless steel plates are called Chain Plates made by Ronstan catalogue no. RF27 cheapest place to buy is online from www.boatingcentral.com.au $3.66 ea Just ordered some more to finish my van.

8. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Great thanks again Phil :)

9. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Very tidy solution!

10. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Phill,

Are you coming on our little get together this weekend - love to check these out first hand. By the way - where did you get the stretchy wire shock cord with the hooks on either end?

Is it a spotlight thing? I went looking for this stuff in there a while back and couldnt find it.

Cheers,

11. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

Magnet mart sells the wire stuff Scott.

Spoltlight will as well

12. Luckyphil

Hi Scott, I got it at Spotlight, it is kept at the counter in the middle of the store along with the hooks, less than $20 for wire and hooks. Unfortunately my wife organised a birthday lunch for our 2 daughters (one is 24 on Sunday & the other is 23 on Monday) I was hoping it would be a dinner but no. If you will be around on Sat I could show you, I dont mind driving to Terrigal. Regards Phil

13. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Sorry Phill,

I forget to look at some threads and always miss something.

I will catch up soon or at Old Bar which I think you are going to.

I have daughters birthdays coming up as well pre Old Bar so I dont like my chances of a free weekend.

Cheers,