1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madam G the new arrival

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by Royce, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Royce

Royce Active Member

Well, it is with great anticipation that we welcome Madam G into our humble home. After much toing and froing, and a lot of thought (about 15 seconds from memory) I sent Andrew a quick email and said, what do you think of her? He fatally said, oh she is nice, to which I replied, thanks, that's all I need to know. 10 minutes later I rang back and said, well I bought it and have asked the bank for more $$. What can I say!

Bob and Ash have been fantastic as previous parents and have really put their mark on the old girl. She is a one off, I think you will all agree. So the idea is not to do anything to her for a while, and down the track she will loose the straight axle and get IRS and a rebuilt motor, but not before a little cruising around first.

Unfortunately, I do not have a great odyssey story to tell of her arrival although I do have something special planned for tommorrow. We had thought of going to Qld and driving her home, we thought about picking her up at Easter, we even talked to Kyra about a road trip, but in the end, Rob (glider 69) was in Brissie today and was coming straight back to Sydney, so fate intervened on our behalf and she is on a trailer behind his truck. Thanks mate.

I have planned a surprise for my eldest son Brian, and after school tomorrow we are flying to Sydney to pick her up from Rob's and then drving down the coast to RHCWs for a rest and then on to Don's shop on Saturday, and back home via Kangaroo Valley. I am sure it will be a couple of days of quality father/son bonding that will be a big part of his life story and memories forever. I know it will be for me.

So here she is after Bob raised her up a little to satisfy my desire for NOT scraping my arse on the ground...
    [​IMG]
    And here she is on the truck ready for her south bound odyssey.
    [​IMG]
    She will get a middle seat and a few little touches for now, and thena trip to Port Macquarie for Easter and a trip to Sydney for the nationals in May, with her younger (by one year) sister Lola. They should make a nice pair.

Cheers

RB

2. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Have a great pick up trip Royce - shame the road trip didn't work out, but I'm sure we'll have our own little Kombi Konvoy one day!

Brian will think that you're the coolest Dad ever, and I fully expect him to still be as excited as ever when we see you all at Easter.

:heart:

3. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

have a safe roadie...:cool:

4. greenbay

greenbay New Member

i can see why you slipped the t3 into the old hippy from kiama,the way you closed the deal by letting him drive it to nimbin was pure genius:eek:
    when this one has to go in a few years to buy a t7 i want first option please:lol:

5. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

lets not forget Valla !! this was the first split I ever drove
    I consoled Bob over my place this arvo with a few brews!!
    happy to see she is in good hands ! will tell you a tail or two
    when next we meet about the old girl !:cool:

6. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

7. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

true that !!...they have wheelchair access !!
    and are easy to drive and comfy and stuff !!:rolleyes:

8. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

She's a stunner i love those colours,enjoy your new ride guys.
    The road trip with your son is a beautiful idea...happy and safe travels.

9. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Hey!! I resent the OLD bit! As for you getting this one...... no chance, I'll have a word to The Pink Princess & suggest she start agitating for a pony.
    At least I don't beat my children.

True Pat, they also have space & power, just like us proper baby boomers not like you whippersnappers.
    Why are people so unkind to me?

10. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Brian really enjoyed his weekend with you Royce at Camp Keen in the T5...I can only imagine just how exciting this will be for him in the beautiful Madam G.

Have fun :heart:

11. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

space and power !! thats whats wrong with the baby boomers
    they wanted space and power !!...:wtf:whats wrong with a little love ??:umm:
    and a nice cruise in a splitt ?:p

12. Resol

Resol Active Member

Great purchase!!!
    I was looking at the G but he was Slammed a little too hard for me, but if I had known that Bob would have raised him I would of thought twice about him;;;
    He looks spot on!!

13. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Selling my little black girl recently was very hard for me so I can relate to what emotions have been running through Bob at the moment...:cry:
    I know how you feel Bob...only people who have owned their cars for this long know this feeling.....but we all know we have to sacifice something for something else....but knowing you for awhile now I know something nice is just around the corner....or coming in the driveway any minute :lol:
    We are associated by our cars, they are our identity when we have had our cars for that long...me in my Black girl....& Bob in G... ....we are just caretakers of our cars for the time we have with them...& all the wonderful stories & memories they hold that are so precious to us...
    When the time comes to make that hard decision to part with them, we can only hope that the next "caretaker" loves them as much as we (still) do ...
    The G is a lovely girl you are very lucky Royce....enjoy her :)

14. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

We had that in the 60's......... that's why your generation is here.:p
    In the days when motor racing was dangerous & sex was safe. :D

15. Royce

Royce Active Member

They are lovelly words Judy.. I really feel for Bob, I dont know how he parted with her, but I'm real glad he chose me and our family as the next caretakers. I am sure going to enjoy her. She isnt Carlotta, but she is just as pretty and a whole lot more practical!

Can I be an honourary member of Chicks with Splits now?

RB
    RB

16. Royce

Royce Active Member

You give me far too much credit Jay...the inference of slipping the t3 into the old hippy has eye watering connotations though!

RB

17. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

lucky you listen:p

18. shaven

shaven Active Member

royce...
    gr8 score. this is a nice bus... enjoy it. drive it...
    see you @ valla & nats.
    cheers matty