1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly cruise and picnic...

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by Baldwithabeard, May 18, 2008.

1. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

Sorry I was late...but thanks for waiting...5 of us set off from Kyra's and headed first to Kangaroo Point to pick up another 5 before heading out to Sunny but blowy Manley...to meet up with a couple more KC members..and the SC Juice lowlight.
    Great spot, with a local market and plenty in the way of facilities....good to meet some new and old KCers...a couple of new Kombi's too...we even got a DSK splitty drive past...
    Thanks to Kyra for organising...Steve for the awesome doughnuts and all the rest for making a day of it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

[​IMG]

cue Jae for the arty shots...

3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Excellent photos (and wrap up) Greg. Glad someone took photos, as I know that most people will find this hard to believe - I was too busy yacking to bother taking any photos! ;)

Great day - lovely to see some old and new members come along. Once again proves my theory that I've never had a bad time at a KC event. Also nice to see Ash and Bob drop in at the end in their gorgeous Split.

Lola (the cow) played up on the way home. Didn't like being started on LPG and so kept konking out anytime she had to stop. Grrrr. Kids thought it was hysterical. Thanks to the posse of gentlemen who all offered help. Once she was switched back to petrol - no problemo.

4. jae

jae New Member

a great day again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jae

jae New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to seeing what Glowmonkey caught on his video camera.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Luv that Juice Ute...so cute
    Judy [​IMG]

7. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Well what a day out....celi and i had a very windy ride from caloundra to manly...the gateway bridge was hairy scary. two feet to the left....two feet to the right and then do the dance all over again....good drive though...actually go there way early so took in the manly markets...smallish but ok....bimped into a couple of nice people we know from a few years back and had a coffee with them...
    Nice meet at the park with some i met and some newbies who have made thier mark well and truly....to Kyra for suggesting this outing..Glen whos just oh so nice...julian, sorry mate but you really do have that steven keaton look after all. From bert and greg and amanda and her friend, gerard and larry's wave...really awful i forgot thier names...To the nice couple who gave us sarth efricen sausages..very tasty...managed some windburn too.
    Nice to meet you all and look forward to being silly at k/fest. It was all in all a very volksificational day and i have the t-shirt to prove it.......cheers kel

8. hilto

hilto New Member

Thanks everybody for a first great day out with the kc! Fantastic to meet you all and looking forward to many more :D

9. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

We bumped into Gerard today and he told us about the get together. We havent had internet since we moved last weekend until last night and we hadnt seen the thread. Luckily we were only around at Wellington Point, so we thought we would do a drive by. It was a quick hi/bye, but was awesome to see some of you still there and all the buses by the bay.

Ash n Bob

10. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Another great get together,nice to see familiar faces and meet new ones.
    Thanks for the great photos,i'll see if i have anything different to offer.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. back street bessie

12. back street bessie

13. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Looked a great day!

Looked a great day! Hope it wasn't too blowly off the water.

Was in Brisbane but way out on the North side, staying with friends, after going to the Reds match on Saturday night. Spent Sunday with the two kids watching DVD's Cars, Big Red Car and Playschool whilst the mums were at the markets and my SAFRU mate was spending a couple of hours on a decking job

As Reds supporters we may be eternal optimists but looking forward to the 2009 season now ......

Some mad Reds Supporters....

[​IMG]

G getting into supporting mode

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Brett

BTW the Reds Jerseys with the Queensland Rail Logo were on special. Queensland Rail are ending their sponsorship of the Reds so they were offloading all the Jerseys at greatly reduced prices. The kids ones we got last week for $20 reduced from $120 and my white strip was $59 reduced from $160. The kids loved dressing up and seeing all the supporters walking to and from Suncorp Stadium and being part of the crowd and cheering. Hopefully they won't get obsessive and turn into "Face Painters"!

14. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

As another Sunday winds itself up and with the realisation that on the other side of tonight's sleep is the start of the next working week, I'd just like to say what a great day I had with the local KC members today down at Manly. Other than the cutting south-westerly that was blowing, I don't think that we could have asked for a more clear and sunny day.

It was really nice to catch up with those I'd met before, and to also meet people I haven't spoken to - both old and new faces alike. Unfortunately I had to race off for a section of the day, bound for the airport to pick up a mate Aaron who is down for work training. At least Jae came along for the ride to keep me company.

Hopefully we can get as organised as our southern counterparts and get the SEQ meetings up to one a month. As much as it's easy to keep in touch with everyone on the forums on a day-to-day basis, there really is nothing like being able to meet up, convoy somewhere, hang out, talk crap, then head home. I can't wait for the next one.

See you all at the Sunny Coast meet, and then down at Klubfest.

Oh, and I guess I'd better post some pics:

Genevieve, Mintie & Bessie raring to go
    [​IMG]

The same three suspects, showing their other angles
    [​IMG]

Kombi posing under the bridge
    [​IMG]

The btc mobile, Honey, Daisy & Lola hanging out at the pub
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  15. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Who's that up the top of the climbing tree???
    [​IMG]

Amanda, that's who!
    [​IMG]

The gang having a yarn
    [​IMG]

And again
    [​IMG]

16. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

And last, but definitely not least, Cathy & Mark's Love Juice Lowlight SC Ute.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once again, thank you very much everyone for a great day. Can't wait for the next one.

Julian.

17. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I reckon the Love Juice Kombi would go down a treat at KlubFest. Hopefully we'll see them there.

Great pics guys. Love the one of our "kids" hanging outside the pub.

18. neil8090

neil8090 New Member

hi everyone and thanks for the hospiltality of everyone involved, enjoyed it thoughrly, thanks for the helpful tips and contacts, and hope to see ya all again.
    mine was the light blue low light 113 kxz.
    thanks again
    ps im tryibng to track down a bloke call "adamskombi" if any one knows wgere i can get hold of him please let me know. i may have some money for him!!!!!

19. understanding_mercury

understanding_mercury Member

great day, despite the wind!!!! even chris enjoyed himself and he's not usually that much of a kombi fan - his first words to me are usually it that car of yours STILL on the road?!? :)

I would also like to point out that that climbing frame thing was a lot higher than it looked :) lol julian that is a horrible photo!!!!

20. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

Some people are just never happy... *ducks*