1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly Daily Photo shoot

Discussion in 'NSW' started by geoff62sw, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Frank

Frank Active Member

..and another 4 by Ian Barnes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Radar15

Radar15 Active Member

Great pics :)

3. pvwg

pvwg Member

Awesome pics Kombi Heaven well done guys bring back the thongs it's almost summer.

4. Frank

Frank Active Member

Here is the story - which appeared on front page of the Manly Daily today - the main picture taking up most of the page - with the story on page 7, and another picture there too.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to the online version of the story:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/

(this online story will only be here until Tuesday, I think??)

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------
    The reporter seems to have got some of the details wrong, but that's neither here nor there.

I said that we should get more than 40 Kombis - which I think will happen... ..also I was relating the recent Bus Stop Event in Bonny Hills, where we had around 60 Kombis - we don't get together monthly with 60 other Kombi owners ha ha

..but I guess that's the media for you, they write what they want to.

..still a good story, and good publicity for the Surf Festival and for us Kombi enthusiasts :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. Frank

Frank Active Member

[​IMG]

FUNNY STORY....

Was thinking about last weeks shoot for the upcoming Surf Festival.

We had assembled our "pride and joy" which included one very rare Samba, so the line-up of Kombis was a sweet sight for any VW enthusiast, such as ourselves.

..anyway the park where the shoot took place is called Tanya park, which has a grassy area the size of about 3 football fields, plus a road that circles the park. There weren't many others there apart from a few people walking their dogs.

While we were maneuvering our Kombis for the photographer, a little old lady (whom I saw earlier on the field walking her dog) - walked along the road and right passed me muttering her disapproval under her breath...

"What's this big obstacle going on here !!"

Shows you, not everyone thinks that Kombis are great

6. pvwg

pvwg Member

Those little old ladies buy cars then sell their cars, they never drive them, they have no ware and tear and they are all perfect. "So the dudes selling the cars tell us."
    There must be thousands of these little old ladies every time I go to buy a car they have sold more cars. The whole car industry is supported by these little old ladies.

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

But its true!!! My grandmother is one of them - she lives across the road from me. Her car is a Kia (Kmart car) and it has done 4,000ks in 3 years and that is only because others have driven her around in it. It has not gone any further south than Sydney, any further north than Forster or any further inland than Gunnedah.
    She gave up her licence but she wont give up the car.

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Way to go!!!

I can relate to that...... I'll be the same.

Why give up the VW, just coz THEY say , you can't drive anymore ? :lol: