1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly Festival Of Surfing

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Kombi Kiwi, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Lelta

Lelta Member

BAYDUDE! I was looking for you there ... (the sink) but as I left for the convoy I realised I had not noted down the type of Kombi you drive or your real name... sorry :eek:

Leah

2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Looks like this was a great event, thanks for showing all the great pix.

3. Baydude

Baydude Member

Hey,

No worries I totally forgot about the sink until I got to the domain. Sorry.
    It's still avalible if your still interested?

4. Lelta

Lelta Member

yeah! lol - I'll PM you ... thanks :)

5. schultzie

schultzie New Member

Looks awesome!

Bummer I couldn't make it, our Kombi was going to be used for the displays but it didn't work out.

See you all next time!

6. matara

matara Member

7. winerot

winerot Active Member

just watched the 7 vid, not known for there reliability & could cost $1000 dollars jeez i had a laugh at those statements.
    i have heard hundreds of stories about the kombi & how it never stops running from here to the never never, makes you wish they would get their facts right.
    when the reporter says cost a thousand dollars & shows tonies barny which would of been one of the most expensive buses their.

8. Frank

Frank Active Member

Seems that the media do get some aspects wrong - it makes you think about the details and their accuracy.

A few weeks ago when the newspaper were promoting the Surf Festival and the Kombi cruise, they interviewed me and when the article came out some things were totally wrong and miss-quoted. You would think that they would use a voice recorder and then check the story afterwards, but maybe it's better to sensationalise things than get the facts right.

Anyway it was good publicity for what turned out to be a very successful event.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  9. winerot

winerot Active Member

yep sensationalism sells but the organisers must be very happy with the turnout of buses
    when they were hopeing for 30 & nearly get triple that , across the harbour bridge would of been a buzz

10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

It was a buzz but it was also painful lining up in traffic trying to get to Manly. Next year it might be starting from a closer location.

11. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

My mate rob bickford was sitting inside my blue 71 deluxe (in the 7 news clip)drinking a beer,when the media came up and asked him questions about the bus.
    Robs into motor bikes and v8,s and basically doesnt no much about them except he likes them,and so do girls he says.
    They were asking him how is the fuel consumption and stuff like that ,which wasnt shown in the clip.Poor rob didnt no really what to say ,so he just bluffed his way through.
    Cool to see my car on chanel 7 news, but i missed my 10 seconds of fame....lol....
    That will teach me to go and check out all the other great buses instead on hanging in my car drinking beers with my mate......

12. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

That would've been a great festival to checkout ...thanks for the pics.

13. lagoonjk

lagoonjk New Member

This was our first kombi convoy. Liz and I had a terrific time and my brother in law who sat in the back was very excited. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not checking the for sale adds now so he can drive his own kombi next year! Was great to meet other owners and was nice to have a chat to the small band that were camping at Narrabeen. Will get to know you all over time I guess. Has anyone seen the photos taken fron Samba on the harbour bridge? We were only a few from the front and would love to see our orange girl amongst all the showpieces .Safe travelling!

14. Frank

Frank Active Member

Hi all,

I’ve noticed that there are many relatively new members from around Sydney area, also it seems that we all had good fun taking part in the Manly Festival, and looking at the posts here many are asking when’s next happening.

Just had an idea…

What about a cruise next Sunday from Newport Beach to Tania Park in Balgowlah.

Sunday 22nd Nov (It is now happening on the 29th Nov - here's the thread http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=25717 )

Rough idea would be we meet at Newport Beach at 10am and leave on the cruise at 10.30. (those that want to enjoy a surf or swim, just get there earlier)

We cruise along Pittwater Road then through Curl Curl which runs right along the beach front and is quite scenic – through Manly beach front road and then on to Tania Park.

We can have a BBQ, picnic there – play cricket or have a game of soccer.

I’ll bring along goal posts – late bays vs the rest :)

Anyone interested - put a post up here... ..if their is interest – I’ll do a map and start a thread.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  15. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I should be in Frank. Up for a surf too!

16. Lelta

Lelta Member

I would love to, but am heading south for the weekend ... :( the weekend after ??? ... otherwise - just keep me informed of the next one!! Leah xx

17. lagoonjk

lagoonjk New Member

Frank, unfortunately we have some cycling friends coming for breakfast at our place so can't come. Otherwise would have been keen to join in. Hope you get lots of starters.

18. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

I have my work Christmas Party on the Saturday night Frank, I may be a little messy but will see how I shape up on Sunday morning.

19. Frank

Frank Active Member

Seems like there would be many interested if it was the 29th Nov ?

Would that suite you Leah, Jono, JK, Kai ?

I know of others who would come, just haven't spoken to them yet

20. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Its penciled in with me Frank.
    The pointy end of the year is kinda hectic for me.