Mars Bar Slice Recipe

Discussion in 'Coming Events' started by melissa, Nov 9, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The easiest slice ever.
    Makes up in a 27 X 16cm Tupperware container or lamington tin. I line it with baking paper to make it easy to get out.

Ingredients:

3 Mars Bars (60g size)
    90 gms Butter
    2 tbspn Golden Syrup
    3 cups Rice Bubbles
    Chocolate to top.

Method:

Using a microwave, melt chopped up Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup. This will probably take 2 mins or less. Give a good stir so its combined well. Add rice bubbles, stir well and then turn into paper lined container or tray. Melt chocolate and spread over top. Refrigerate and thats it!

Told you it was easy.

I have another one for you too that is easy to make but probably more for winter or cooler months..

Lemon Cheescake Slice

Again, this one uses the same size container and line with baking paper or foil to make it easy to get out. Should be made the day before.

Ingredients

1 pkt Scotch Finger Biscuits
    1 tin condensed milk
    1 sml bottle thickened cream (its either 250ml or 300ml)
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1 Flake for top

Method

Lay biscuits on the bottom with the writing face up. Whip cream until thick (must be thick). Pour in condensed milk and lemon juice and gently fold. Once mixed together pour on top of biscuits and smooth out. Sprinkle flake on top and put in fridge to set. If you do it the day before, the biscuits soften and make it more like the pastry of a cheesecake but there is no cheese! Very easy to make and you could use condensed skim milk and low fat cream for same effect. Needs to be kept cool.

2. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Yum I will have to give them a go for next weekend, if Adrian will take me to the supermarket, not allowed to drive at the moment.

3. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

I made gingerbread biscuits with the kids on the weekend. We may just have to try the lemon cheescake one next weekend.

4. Katrina

Katrina Member

You are soooo nice Melissa. Thanks for sharing. The kids will love making this not to mention the reward of eating it. They will remember it as Melissa's Kombi Cruise Slice.
    Many thanks!

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I have decided to make it for the zoo weekend so last night for the first time I did my shopping on the Coles web sight. How good is this I get to stay home and not walk down the super market isles with lots of temptations. My groceries that I have ordered get delivered to my house on Wednesday morning and what did it cost $5 yep $5. I dont think I will go to a super market again.

6. juzbee

juzbee Member

URM MELISSA!!!!!

Just because you have posted the recepie doesnt mean you no longer make the slice...
    We dont call it Melissa's mars bar slice for nothing you know :p

Oh and .. thanks for the recepie...Now I've just got to get Carl to make it for me :D

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Cool. Recipe swapping on the KC. Come on peeps, give us your best recipe!

Since Michelle has made MBS for the weekend, I will look forward to a taste test. Yummo!

8. JayBone

JayBone Member

I have to admit Melissa, When i read the title i doubted your culinary expertise?

I expected the recipe to be 1 Mars Bar, sliced into 6 pieces...Done!:lol:

Sounds lovely though, may just give it a bash!:)

9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Go for it! very easy to make and very yummy to eat - just ask anyone who comes to one of our monthly meets :D
    I will make sure we have that and Magic Cookie Bar Slice at Mount Gambier too.

10. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Hey Melissa that sounds delicious,i'm gonna give it a go.
    I've got a very simple and very tasty Russian Caramel recipe that i'll add here if thats ok?

11. ngold

ngold Member

White chocolate and macadamia cookies

All time greatest cookies. Once you try these you will never want the Subway ones.

125g softened butter
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup superfine caster sugar
    1 egg
    1 cup plain flour sifted
    1 cup self raising flour sifted
    1 cup chopped unsalted macadamia nuts
    250g chopped white chocolate

Preheat oven to 180c. Place butter,vanilla and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Add flours,nuts and chocolate and beat until combined. Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time into balls, place the balls on baking trays lined with no-stick baking paper and flatten slightly. Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on trays. Makes 22

12. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:eek: Now I'm in trouble......I LOVE the Subway ones, so now I just 'have to' make these to compare........so much for the diet.

Steve - where's the Russian Caramel recipe, Mum used to make this when we were kids...YUM:heart:

13. VeeWee

VeeWee Member

I got this recipe from a very cool girl I met in "The Motel DuBeau," Flagstaff, Arizona when I was backpacking in USA about 15 years ago! Recipe has stuck with me and now my children love 'em!

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES - very easy!

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1 cup white sugar
    1 egg

Mix together well. Make into small balls (heaped teaspoon - or as big as you want really!) place on a baking tray, flatten slightly with a fork and cook in moderate oven until just golden. They burn easily and quickly, so watch out!

Let them cool for a few minutes on the tray and then out onto a rack.

Eat!!!

(no flour, just 3 ingredients!!)

14. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

This is the yummiest too - think I first made it for my kids about 20 years ago - yikes!

Sorry if you are wheat free :umm:

Attached Files: