1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May just have found 'the one'

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by Daniel Isley, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Daniel Isley

Daniel Isley New Member

That course looks perfect, thanks cbus

I had planned to put a new engine in for reliability in remote areas, it makes me laugh, the engine will be worth more than the bus :rolleyes:
    I was looking at CBB performance in Penrith for the engine, or Powerhaus, possibly the fuel injected option for reliability?

If you needed a new engine, what you do?

All advice would be awsome :)

2. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Mike at CBBVW can help.

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

I assume the bus will remain in the USA and you are looking at shipping a motor over.
    What is current engine and gearbox ?.

Haven't backtracked thru your thread, what is full extent of anticipated travels?

4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

5. Daniel Isley

Daniel Isley New Member

I should have clarified, that's my bad. The bus is being shipped here I will need to be in Aus for quite some time, so I thought I would start with touring Aus first then NZ, followed by Europe.

I have been told to look a Subaru engine for my travels and ease of repair but still having an internal debate of how modified to make the bus. I'm not too sure of the tranny or gearbox but believe they need replacing for the new engine. I was looking at CBB's 1916 or 2165 to cope with the weight of the food, water and equipment I was hoping to carry with me.

My current issue is I really want to do as much work as I can as I enjoy building and creating, I just haven't done any automotive work before. I'm trying to find a home garage/shop I can volunteer at and in return be shown how to work on the bus. I'm starting with automotive TAFE units until I can

6. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

7. Daniel Isley

Daniel Isley New Member

Awesome, the possibilities are fascinating. Barry, you mentioned Todd does a conversion, is Todd in Australia?

8. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Yes - they are located in Sydney