1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechanic for a home visit

Discussion in 'Fuel System & Electrics' started by Klaus Schroeder, May 29, 2021.

1. Klaus Schroeder

Klaus Schroeder Member

Hi All,
    I need someone with mechanical knowledge for a 75 bay kombi 2l to visit my home and help me work my starting/fuel problem.

I have lodged the issue within the forum and thank everybody for their advice on the issue. But unfortunately I am at a stage that I would like someone to visit my home and have a look as to what the problem would be and hopefully rectify. This is not a freebie there will be payment for time and parts.

I live in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne. If any member knows of someone or a member in Melbourne can assist, I would be grateful.

Regards
    Klaus

2. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

You are an essential worker requiring essential repairs to an essential vehicle during lockdown ;)
    PR

onetrackwonder likes this.
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi Klaus,
    Have you tried a simple approach of
    1. With ignition on...Push accelerator to full & release & then use starter with 'no accelerator pedal'.
    2. Wait 5 mins & then use starter again whilst pressing 'a few times' the accelerator
    3. Press accelerator 'to full & hold it there' for 3 cycles of engine by starter motor...about 15 seconds
    4. Try starter again with no accelerator.
    Now that does the fuel side.
    Let's try spark. Take a spark lead off. The black almost vertical things poking out of the tin ware. Pull it off & then put it back into the spot you removed from just lightly. Does it go click click when you use the starter motor/attempt to start?
    If no click click it's the spark side ...........if no fuel smell it's the carb side;)
    Cheers & all the best!:)

Last edited: May 29, 2021
  4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Klaus you didn't say how you got on with your flooding carbies. Did your oil fill with petrol?

Have you had the RACV come out to you? I don't know of any mobile mechanics in your area but hopefully a local will chime in.

5. Klaus Schroeder

Klaus Schroeder Member

Yes here we go again !

6. Klaus Schroeder

Klaus Schroeder Member

Hi Melissa, No still have the problem hoping someone in the area can assist. RACV ?? not to sure if they can assist on an old vehicle,
    Thanks

7. Klaus Schroeder

Klaus Schroeder Member

Yes fuel mixed with oil

8. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

My essential wheels for essential tyres for essential vehicle for essential worker were picked up contactless on Saturday.
    PR.

Klaus Schroeder likes this.
  9. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

If you are a member - give them a call to get someone to come out - it won't start and they can either get you going or get you towed - some roadside assist guys are old school mechanics and know lots of stuff - they might also know who to suggest to you. One of our moderators is a roadside assist mechanic in South Australia so they are out there ;)

Wiz and oldman like this.
  10. Klaus Schroeder

Klaus Schroeder Member

Thanks Melissa, shall take your advice on board, regards Klaus

melissa likes this.
  11. onetrackwonder

onetrackwonder Well-Known Member

Hi Kraus, I have just seen this, how did you go with the mobile mechanic, I know of a great guy by the name of Andy Nethercote, he has a mobile mechanical business I think Called Norwood Car Care, do a google, he is a Formula Vee racer from way back so knows his Volkswagen’s, oh and tell him I sent you, cheers Greg Martin

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    melissa, oldman and Wayne murray like this.