1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechanics Sydney-Goulburn-Albury-Melbourne & Tassie

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Deluxe, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Hi All,

We're heading to Tassie for Christmas/New Year in the camper and will be touring around a fair amount. I think there are quite a few people doing the same.

Hopefully it won't be needed but I'm looking to put together a list of recommended VW mechanics who might be able to help along the way. Premium membership of the NRMA will help but does not solve all problems

I checked out Woz's awesome Kombi Services Map http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=22998 and while help in Sydney and Melbourne is well documented, there isn't much in between the two and there are only 4 listings for Tassie.

If anyone can help update the view on the voids that'd be great!

Cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Just a word of advice and you've more than likely thought about it - over the Christmas & New Year period a lot of the smaller VW shops shut down as it becomes sort of their annual holidays so it may be advisable to make a few calls and see if they are open over the period you're going to be in their neighborhood :p

3. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Good tip Bert - I'll post in this thread when I find out what's open and when over the festive period

4. Zozo

Zozo Member

Liegh @ tyre power pro in hobart was awesome when our kombi needed a new engine it was nice to see 3 other kombi's in there as well, the engine was sourced from a guy in ulverstone near davenport can remember the name but im sure some of the tassie KC members would.
    Enjoy your trip Tassies awesome!!!

5. KahunaKombi

Zozo - that could be Peter Kossler @ Caravelle Autos in Ulverstone (going from memory on this one so may be wrong but pretty sure of it :lol:)

6. Zozo

Zozo Member

found something said Peter Murfet VW spares :)

7. KahunaKombi

Murfet was the other one I was trying to think of :p

8. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Thanks guys.

I think those are the ones already covered in Wozs map in the link above.

Any others?

9. KahunaKombi

Tassie - check with Vanders.

Goulbourn not sure of

Albury - there's a thread by someone there and trying to get people in that area together = will see if I can find and then maybe member can help

10. KahunaKombi

Member in Wodonga / Albury is Ragerty so worth a PM to him

11. Zozo

Zozo Member

I know theres a guy near the Albury airport spoke to him the other day hes only there for another month then hes closing shop so I too would be keen to know of any others in the Albury area?