Melbourne Crew November meet and greet

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by cammokombi, Oct 19, 2008.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

SUNDAY 16th November 10am

The day of the VW is on again. Lets make this the November event? Who's going?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Alice and I are definitely going! We have been looking forward to this for a while...

Not sure yet whether we will park in the carpark or bring Woger inside where we can hang out... we haven't bought our tickets yet, but prebooking seems a good idea.

"VWCV Day of the Volkswagen 2008.

Show 'n' Shine, Trade displays, Motorsport and Swap Meet.

International guest; Bruce Meyers. Father of the Beach Buggy phenomena and founder of the Manx Buggy.

Venue: Cranbourne Racecource, Cranbourne.

Time: 8am for swap site entry, 9am general admission, show n shine entries close at 11am.

Please note: No alcohol and no dogs permitted."

"The entry price for this year's 'Day of the Volkswagen' Show 'n' Shine will be $20.00. This cost covers vehicle Show 'n' Shine entry, admission (driver plus one passenger), and show bag with loads of goodies from our sponsors.

Walk in admission/extra passenger $5.00. All VW's have the opportunity to park in the grounds.

This year the club is offering a DOTVW Pre-Pay Registration Incentive Pack for early Show and Shine registration for the 2008 DOTVW. Each pack will contain a receipt of payment, Show and Shine Registration Sticker for your VW windscreen and a coupon for a limited edition collectors DOTVW 2008 Cap. This Cap coupon can be presented on the day at the Club Stand for collection.

NOTE: This offer is only available until the 3rd of November!"

Map of venue here:
    http://www.vwclub.com.au/event_map.php?mapid=3

More details:
    http://www.vwclub.com.au/dotvw.php

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Note Changes

Note Changes to the original idea for November.... The day of the VW looks like its a goer. It was good last year. That takes care of November. In December is the end of year bash. Then thats it for the year.

4. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Mmmm, perhaps we could also fit in a camping trip, or a visit to Westerfolds Park, before Xmas?

5. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Spewing - I had a great time here last year but this year I will be in Zambia that week. I guess I cant be too upset but I would have enjoyed the catch up and kombi fix!

Rich

6. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Day of the VW

Where are we going to meet on the day?

7. Marty

Marty Active Member

maybe somewhere along the nepean?

8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

We met at Dandenong when we tripped to the Prom and we passed thru Cranbourn on the way.
    Is this the place to meet again?
    Plenty of space to get a convoy organised (and a loo close by!)

9. popeye_n_olive

popeye_n_olive New Member

Hoping to get Olive registered and ready for the event...tall order I know but it's a good goal to aim for...

10. Live&Direc

Live&Direc Member

Stuck in Zambia, Rich. Oh, you poor thing! :) Need someone to go instead, perhaps?

11. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

"Stuck" is your word Rowan not mine :D
    Let's hope I dont end up "stuck" because that can be a bit tricky in that part of the planet.
    Rich

12. Carolin

Carolin New Member

Hi Everyone, We're all coming to the VW day - wouldn't miss it! Is anyone going to the Dandenong Drive-In on Saturday 15th for a warm up?

13. MattB

MattB New Member

We're thinking about it. I've been going to the Dandenong drive-in quite a bit recently and really like it. If my brother's interested we might both drive our Kombis there. Otherwise, I might make an appearance by myself. Not sure yet, will let you know.

14. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Re meet for day of VW.
    Have not seen any resolution yet. We are away this week but hope to be home next Saturday so we will be heading to Cranbourne Sunday. Will check here for meet details so we can convoy in with the KC crew!
    See you then.

15. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

16th november DOTVW

16 nov
    VWCV Day of the Volkswagen 2008.

Show 'n' Shine, Trade displays, Motorsport and Swap Meet.
    International guest; Bruce Meyers. Father of the Beach Buggy phenomena and founder of the Manx Buggy.
    • Venue: Cranbourne Racecource, Cranbourne.
    • Time: 8am for swap site entry, 9am general admission, show n shine entries close at 11am.
    • Cost: Show 'n' shine entry $20.00, walk-in admission $5.00.
    Ok guys lets get organized eh?
    Lets meet in Dandenong just past Stud road there is a side road at the park. Pull in there and we will head off in time to go inside DOTVW with our kombi's. So lets say be in Dandenong from 8:30 am to 9:00am? General admission (thats us) starts at 9:00am so by the time we get to Cranbourne racetrack it should be good timing. Dont forget to bring a chair and a hat, these came in handy last year.
    Its an early start for some sleepy heads but come on guys lets make the effort as it really is a fun day. See you in Dandenong from 0830 hrs!!!!
    Cammo.

16. Marty

Marty Active Member

I'll be there, possibly with a slight hangover from the night before. Coffee is a must I think!

17. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Dandenong Meet-up

Hi Cammo and Melbourne Team

Dale & I are planning to join you for the day and would like to konvoy in to Cranbourne with you that morning. We QLD types need a more specific location however - we will be coming from Southbank after picking up Greg & Sara's Monty. I found Stud Road but which park are you meeting in? We were planning on travelling down the M1.

Doug

18. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

its easy

This is probably not the most direct but for interstaters its the simplest...
    If your heading out on the freeway etc, have at look at your map and look for Springvale road. This takes you all the way to Dandenong Road (Hwy 1) Turn left on Dandenong Rd and this will take you right into Dandenong. The last set of lights after the shops is Stud road. Be in the left lane. about 2 hundred metres or so you will see a service road pull into it. We will be there. There is a small park with a toilet there. [ UHF Chanel 18.]

19. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

I'll meet you guys there seeing as I'll have a hire car. Don't forget the wheels Woz!

Cheers,

Paul

20. Marty

Marty Active Member

Not quite sure I know where that is. Is someone handy with those online maps?