1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members who have vanished into thin air...

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Schmoburger, May 21, 2010.

1. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Hey, just been remeniscing about the good times of the past back when the KC was young, and it occurred to me there were a few awsome, awsome members that appear to have at some stage vanished off the edge of the earth in my absence from the forum and the scene as a whole... here's some that spring to mind...

Adam and Steph from Melbourne... can't remember their handle but damn they were an awsome pair of peeps!

Craig aka Mafti from Adelaide... haven't seen him post in centuries, and last time I saw him in person was Bus Stop Canberra in '07

Phil aka Cheeky Monkey/Stompywomp... seemed to vanish from existence not long after either Canberra or Eden.... one of the two?

Bobby aka 2slow, who's reverse Split parking skills leave a little to be desired! :D

Dougieboy... maybe I'm just high but I dont recal seeing much of Doug on the forums anymore either.

KellyH, who brews dark ale that could open a nun's legs. :lol:

Nads'N'Rossi... another cute couple who are far too nice to have dissappeared into fat air??

Oh and also... MARTIN TWISTY LEDERHOSEN BRATWURST MELLENCAMP AUTENFLIEGENHEIMER ROSE OMAN.... ARE YOU STILL ALIVE OLD CHAP?!?!?! :D

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Some are still VERY much around

Craig (Mafti) was at Mt Gambier

Bobby (2slow) has just opened a bike shop and visits the forum regularily

Doug (douggieboy) was also at Mt Gambier and after travelling attended the recent Camp Keen

Kelly (was KellyH now Archeress) visits the forums often to view posts without posting

Marty (Marty) is often on line

Bogbeast was Adam and Steps forum name but I have no idea where they are at present.

I don't know about the others but I'm sure someone else will fill us in.

3. 2slow

2slow Member

Schmo Schmo Schmo, its awesome to see you back on line, without a doubt you provide the most amazing input on these forums.

Ha ha, I had forgotten about my driving skills nearly backing into that tree...would you believe I recenty drove into the carport at home with my bike on the roof, 5k car damage later and all was good again until 5 days after I picked the car up someone backed into me!

I look forward to reading about the ongoing adventure that is the life and times of Schmo.

Bobby

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Also a few others who may visit but post rarely these days:

Hilto and Hels - where are you 2 :D

5. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I hope this was not in the splitty??

6. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Maybe it's just me, but the entire forum seems a little quiet of late, but it is getting pretty close to winter so Seasonal Affective Disorders might be getting to people, particularly in the Southern States.

Hell, some thing's definitely getting to me. I was wondering why my toasted raisin bread tasted so spicy. After eating it, I checked to cinnamon I'd sprinkled on top. Yep! Black pepper alright!!

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Just saw them a few minutes ago Bert! :) They are alive and gorgeous. Just busy, like everyone else.

8. 2slow

2slow Member

Nope in one of my other German vehicles. I was without it for a month as they had to air freight a new rear windscreen from Germany when all the planes were grounded thanks to the volcanic ash!

9. KahunaKombi

Good to hear Kyra :D

10. KahunaKombi

That's a cracker Aime :D - think other VW forums are a little quiet also but then rarely visit them :eek:

11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Adam and Steph are active on Facebook - eg they worked in Japan at a ski resort over the summer.

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

My ex powerball mate has not been on here for long time. Takhoal.

13. Schmoburger

AH... yeh they were working down at Thredbo a fair while ago weren't they? Are they still based in Australia or have they shipped overseas for a longish spell... might have to look em up on the 'Book. :)

And Bobby, great to see you are still alive and well! I look forward to catching up later down the track old chap!

And good to here most of the others arent as absent as I at first thought... tho still Phil Nadia and Rossi AWOL... ah well.. hopefully some more news on them will appear later.

CHeers!

14. Marty

Marty Active Member

[​IMG]

Shmeauxey! Good to see you back. I'm without internet at the moment as I've just moved (borrowing time online where I can), but will have the net, skype etc in a week or so hopefully!

No kombi either at the moment, some random backfiring issues. Where are you nowadays?? Can't be canberra if you've got the net?

15. Schmoburger

Ahhaaaaa!!!! The shoe is on the other ear!!! :D

And I am now back in Nowra now old chap... I shall be talkinsk to ju more abouten zis ven you haventski ze skypenfliegen!!! :)

But yesh.... if backfiring was the least of my worries I'd be larfink... last time BC backfired, she created an uber rewiring job for me by setting fire to the whole engine bay! Well anyway, get it sorted and then come and visit... I am missink zee spoonink! :lol:

16. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Who are you asking about JD? That link does not work.

18. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

19. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

58split..:umm:

20. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

58SPLIT last logged in today but has not posted for a few years.