1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

members

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chris taylor, Oct 28, 2017.

1. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Just curious ,,,,,,noticed that the member ship numbers seems to be going backwards , was in the 13 ks ,now back to the 12ks

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I have been having a clean up - anyone who has joined up but not been back in the last 5 years and only did a couple (or no) posts has been wiped. Anything they posted remains but they are no longer members. I did this because they were taking up User Names that others could have used.
    I didn't make it public but it was discussed with the other mods before going ahead. It's still a work in progress as there is no "blanket delete" - they are done one by one.

Marlyn, David H and Grantus like this.
  3. chris taylor

Oh dear, maybe i should not have said anything :eek: . sorry:). c u at B S 2018

4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

It really isn’t an issue Chris.......
    Just look at the number of people who join only to sell a kombi.
    They post once and are never heard from again.....silly to have numbers that do not match members.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Grantus likes this.
  5. chris taylor

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Let's also look at the number who join and post once trying to get a kombi for a wedding or other event.
    No harm done asking and finding out why it's happening and reasoning behind it.

7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Good work moderators:).
    Cheers

8. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Bit like having over 12,000 facebook “friends”, yet only around 1% are actually active posting members......o_O (Only guessing, as I don’t do Social Media)

Go for the cull, I reckon. :)

If you mistakenly cull a watching only member, or even a “flipper”, who’s only joined to get access to the members only Vehicles For Sale section, hoping to make a quick profit;

As long as they’ve not been banned, they can always just re register, if they really actually want to. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    chris taylor and oldman like this.
  9. David H

Sheesh:oops:. Just escaped the clean up;):p:D. I joined in 2010 & didn't start posting until resto in 2016. Glad you didn't do this clean up in 2015 Melissa. I'd have had to apply for my forum name again;):p:D but I was remembered on this site even tho' I couldn't remember my password:(.
    Cheers

chris taylor likes this.
  10. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You wouldn't have been culled if you had logged in and visited - I am getting rid of the ones who have not returned to the forum logged in since 2012. I understand not everyone wants to post - and that's fine - it's the ones who join and never come back that are getting the flick.

Grantus and David H like this.
  11. David H

& rightly so as not community members really;).
    Cheers