1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Winter Wander -Hunter Valley

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, Jun 20, 2010.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely perfect weather today for our cruise up to the Hunter Valley Gardens, organised by the Newcastle Restored Vehicle Club. We met at Glendale Stockland and what a turn out!!! Huge variety of cars of all years and makes. We tried our best to park together and leave together but with so many cars, it was a bit tricky. There had to be at least 400 cars on the cruise with approx 800 cars in the car park at Hunter Valley Gardens at the end.

Great to see a few members travel up from Sydney and the Central Coast, along with our Newcastle members. Very nice trick by Shaun and Wendy in Freckles' maiden run - pulling into a servo to allow us to group together - only thing was the brake lines had been cut by the shockie and no brakes - hmmm - bit drastic there Shaun but thanks for getting us back together and that allowed us to all assemble in a good formation up on the grass at the end of the car park.

I didnt take many photos but there will be plenty later I am sure. Well done to Geoff for being one of the chosen 15 vehicles that were then judged down to a final 3 - you were beaten by a 1932 hot rod, a Corvette and something else (sorry I can't remember right now). Looking forward to seeing lots of you again in two weeks at Bugs and Buses by The Bay and I will have the Mars Bar slice and Magic Cookie Bar again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rose

Rose Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. Rose

Rose Member

4. Rose

Rose Member

5. Rose

Rose Member

6. Animal

Animal Active Member

Apart from chewin out a flexi brake line on our maiden run we had a great time.
    Always good to catch up with the KC crew,and thanks for the help Geoff owe you one mate.

just wish I could get our bus as low as that black chevy..Air bags are your freind....:cool: :cool:

7. Frank

Frank Active Member

[​IMG]
    Kombis arriving at Hunter Valley Gardens - Melissa in her red and white splitty

[​IMG]
    Kombis arriving at Hunter Valley Gardens - Gary in his notch type 3

[​IMG]
    Drama in the car park with a black corvair steaming madly (don't think it was fire?)

[​IMG]
    Yes, this truck was part of the show ! He say's it turns heads at the Maccers drive through

8. Frank

Frank Active Member

[​IMG]
    two beaut '57 chevs

[​IMG]
    PS: Don't get your fingers caught in these rims !!

[​IMG]
    Heresay has it that Mary Poppins once owned this ute

[​IMG]

9. Frank

Frank Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Beaut flat track style Harley

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Top car of the show ... red corvair. Love the shape and style of this Corvair - tell me this isn't art on wheels !!

10. Frank

Frank Active Member

[​IMG]
    ..more chev

[​IMG]

KOMBI in Winner's Circle
    Geoff proudly standing in front of his 62 splitty - selected into the top 15 (out of more than 700 cars) - well done !!

11. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

There was a black car that caught fire in the car park. :(

12. Suzanne Stroud

Suzanne Stroud New Member

Hi Everyone, Had a great day at Hunter Valley Gardens today, very nice chatting with everyone and the ride up was fun. I am new to all this and am going to TRY and post some photos, although camera wasn't working too well today. Oh well, you get the idea. :eek: For some reason my pics won't upload. Will try again later. Look forward to seeing you all again soon. Suzanne and Mike in Rupert.

13. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

A Fab day....

Hi guys/gals
    Yes a great day for the car show and kombi drive,a real fab.turn out............

A great line up at Glendale Stockland shopping mall
    two great split's flanged by to great bay's

[​IMG]

Shorn's great Rat kombi...........

[​IMG]

Road side regrouping at the servo.

[​IMG]

Nothing like a good bum shot at Hunter Valley Gardens

[​IMG]

and another great shot at Hunter Valley Gardens

Enjoy cheers
    geoff

14. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Great photos and congratulations to Geoff. It's good the weather held up. I wish I could have made it. On both counts as I have a '52 Chev!

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

what great pics...thanks all for posting them...great turn out...awesome cars to drool over there

Magic Cookie Bar ...hmmm sounds a bit suss to me :eek: :lol:

16. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

Did you see the intrea of this Ford Anglia

This Ford Anglia has an orsum intirea they have spider webb pattons
    (cw spiders) sown into the seats and the door cards,take a look.........
    I'm impressed
    cheers
    geoff:D

[​IMG]

seats and door cards

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Creepy a........

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  17. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Love this :heart: BB had the same problem with his brake line :eek:

18. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

What a great day nice weather nice people and plenty of cars .
    JUst a couple of pics .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  19. Animal

Animal Active Member

Great pics guys love that black chev,will get Wendy to post up our pics tonight.
    Congrates geoff on the award well deserved and a great shot of our bus too.

Cheers Shaun and Wen

20. wendy

wendy Member

Wow what a day, left glendale with Shaun driving, got half way there and we had stopped due to road works, my chance to get in the drivers seat :) so we lead the convoy of our group, mostly kombis, other cars infront must have been the V8's.....felt soooo much pressure couldn't find gears half the time, the roads were really windy and some of the corners speed signs 35, shaun constantly telling me to slow down:mad: :umm: ....luckily Melissa and Neen in Little Red was behind us.
    We called into a servo just outside Cessnock to refuel as the fuel gage was dancing like Fred Astaire, when we started her up to continue the brakefoot pushed straight to the floor, not good....a quick cheak found the shock had been chomping the bracke line. With help from Geoff, some peer support from Mick, Josh, Pete understanding words from Chuck who offered us "$450" to get freckles off our hands !!!! We cable tied the brakeline to get us to HVG.
    it was hard work driving freckles,shaun and i were pretty exhausted by days end. But all in all a TERRIFIC DAY and soooo proud of freckles and the way she looked we got heaps of thumbs up along the way, so cool.