1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Middle seat kick panels in Microbus

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Deluxe, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Another trainspotter geeky question...

Does anyone have a microbus with the factory original middle and rear seat kick panels? My 77 came with just one for the front base of the rear seat but I know that from factory there was also a kick panel for the middle seat like this one...it fit to the side of the base of the middle seat by the sliding door.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=955701

I nearly bought this one but realised it's for a LHD bus (they are the reverse shape to RHD version). If anyone has one and would be prepared to take some measurements or make me a template or better still, has a spare one knocking around :)lol: :lol: ) then I'd be very grateful

Cheers
    Dave

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Dave,

Chuck has one of those rare factory middle seat kick panels. I have drawn the outline of it on a piece of 3mm ply for cutting out when I get a chance. Maybe you and Chuck could work something out?

Cheers,

3. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

Perfect - thanks mate - I'll PM Chuck - he seems to be the go to man for all my hard to find bits and pieces

4. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

I have one also...always thought that with all the interior panels you can buy these days that somebody would do these repro...

5. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

I agree Baldy. I'm sure I can get the talented Brad at Busnbug to knock something up but just want to get the correct measurements and shape.

Not sure whether they changed from early to late bay models and also was just expecting it to be a flat piece of card as opposed to what appears to be more of a box shape in the one in the Samba link above???

6. Mellow Yellow 74

Mellow Yellow 74 Active Member

Hi,

I have this middle seat side kick plate and it looks like the photos below - I can send you the dimensions if you want them. It has rolled edges with clips that fit around the seat tubes and a little bend to give a recessed edge at the bottom.

You probably don't need the recessed edge but would look a bit ordinary without the rolled edges - I have read somewhere that you can bend masonite by steaming it but haven't done this myself.

Attached Files:

7. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

similar but certainly not the same as mine...72 lowlight.

8. 65busser

65busser Member

You mean these Shurms? How many would you like?

Attached Files:

9. Deluxe

Deluxe Active Member

That's the chappie - knew you'd have the goods Brad.

Yep - I'll take one please mate