1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MISS VDUB's Guru Post

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by MISS VDUB, Feb 16, 2010.

1. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Hey KC'ers,

Well looks like i've finally made it to the milestone of 1000 posts here on the Kombi Club. I have grown up with VW's in my blood, it was only natural it was going to be genetic. My mum had an awesome VW Convertible which i pretty much grew up in. It was fitted with a safety harness in the back for me, and the kids at Pre-school would love it when mum picked me up in the afternoons.

[​IMG]

Red Nose day was a hit when she picked me up, and on the front was a huge red paper mache' nose she had crafted from one of those kids bouncy hopper balls. Mum's first, second, third and so on cars were beetles, so naturally this would be my first car, a 74 L Bug Convertible.

It wasn't until i met my soon to be husband that i got my first taste of kombi's. My first drive of a kombi was Bob's Subaru powered Bay. I met him at the Valla VW Spectacular, and wow, what a package, a gorgeous guy and a sexy kombi!

I have met some great friends thanks to VW's, lifelong buddies and also the love of my life. I love this crazy VW scene, it's individuality, and it's passion. I have owned many VW's in all shapes and forms, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

VW's until i die!!!!

Ash x

2. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

Wow, another guru, congratulations Ash, cute photo and a great guru post. It's an enviable childhood growing up with Vedubs, good to see it stayed in your blood. Kombi’s must be a good pick up vehicle, I wooed Margaret with a kombi, not a particularly flash kombi at that.

T1 Terry

3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see you in your own T3! :p :lol:

But seriously, great post, and congrats on your Guru status! :)

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Ash. Welcome to the 1K+ club

5. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Congratulations on reaching the 1000 post club Ash.:D
    Here's to the next 1000.

6. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

:D CONGRATULATIONS GURU ASH :D
    I must admit there have been times I have gritted my teeth and held my breath waiting for the replies to some of your 1000 posts:lol:

I also remember meeting you for the first time on the convoy down to Valla. You flew over from WA just to attend the event and I knew right then your dedication to the humble VW.

I wonder how many of your next 1000 posts it will take till you become 'MRS VW':heart:

7. Just Corey

Just Corey New Member

Nice post, well done and congrats MISS VDUB

8. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on making it to guru status

9. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

Thanks guys, and yes Valla will hold a special place in my heart. I met no only some awesome friends there, but also my fiance. Bob was also one of the original members of this site along with Judy. Not too many more posts now before i become MRS VDUB.:eek: :D

10. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

OH !!look at me I am a guru......been there done that sista !!!:rolleyes:
    OH congrats and stuff and that......:p

11. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

An opening and Pat's straight into it :)

Congrats Ash on your 1000th.

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Well done lovely girl. :)

Now you've got one up on Bob - HE'S not a guru yet, is he? Or did I miss that? :eek:

Look forward to giving you a special Guru kiss on Sunday and Dubs.

13. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

No Bob isn't a Guru, he likes to browse and maybe input if it's worth it, not one for typing any old thing for the sake of being seen.

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, lock in that smooch baby, i'll be ready!!!!:p

14. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

Congratulations Ash on your 1,000 post