1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mothers Day - Newcastle/Central Coast

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, May 10, 2009.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely awful weather this morning - most mums would have preferred to just have stayed in bed - but with the availability of somewhere else to go instead of Terrigal, we headed off to Jon Wards place.
    Thanks for having us Jon.

Chris and Heidi (and the boys), Jay and Janine and Ella, Lyndsay, and my family and I travelled down from Newcastle and met up with Jon at Terrigal Haven. Wind was freezing and howling so we headed to Jons place - just as Scott (Syncro27) arrived.
    Justine and Indali turned up at Jons and so did Katrina and Ron (and the kids).

How many were at The Haven?

I hope someone else took some photos. Laine took these...

[​IMG]

How strong is Ella?????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Jon - there was some bloke looking through your front window - be on the lookout for him -
    [​IMG]

Lyndsays Kombi
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Sammi for letting Jon bring home some strays...

3. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Happy to have you all.
    I forgot to say Happy mothers' day, so Happy Mothers' Day!

4. greenbay

greenbay New Member

still got the dog jono?

5. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Not anymore Jay. Once it went through my bin it was shown the door.

6. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Did my dogs go through your bin Jon? I can't remember.:eek: I think they drank all the Coopers though.:lol:

7. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

The Coopers I will blame the dogs for :)
    This afternoon a stray dog waltzed into my house undetected and knocks over my bin and starts to guzzle away at empty sausage trays and plastic forks.

8. BelnMic

BelnMic New Member

Looked like fun "Happy Mothers Day to all Kombi Mums" B:p

9. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Jono,

Sorry we didnt make it down to your place, but Allanah found 4 of her school mates at the Haven and we couldnt bear to disturb her enjoyment. (Actually we didnt want to listen to the screaming that would have resulted from moving her).

We had 7 kombi's all up at the haven with one very scmick oval bug and a type 3.

We seem to attract lots of people at the Haven who love kombis as many former kombi owners popped in for a chat.

I took a couple of photos. Note the original 65 split 11 window on heritage plates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See you all at the Nationals in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

10. wendy

wendy Member

great photo's everyone....the above 65 splitty belongs to a lady called Sharon and her husbane who have two boys, thay travelled up to the Morpeth run we had a couple of weekends ago..Melissa and I were telling them about the Kombi CLub and all the differnt runs and get together's they could be involved in. thought they may have logged on by now,,very lovelly couple who are looking after their gorgeuos splitty..they have moved to the central coast from down south Ulladulla area.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  11. nikferatu

nikferatu Active Member

Good to see people clocking up some miles. The kids love them don't they? Ours are hooked now and are always trying to be the first to spot them when we are on the road...