Mt Field trip 2008

Discussion in 'Tasmania' started by puttputtputt, Apr 7, 2008.

1. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

Hi guys,

Thanks heaps for such a splendid day!! It was so good to meet all you fellow bus drivers. I must confess that that was only the second time I have seen that many buses together in one sitting so that, together with a spectacular waterfall and a leech sighting it was quite a day! Roger and I ambled home in good time. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going too fast (which is hard to do in the evening with dash lights that work very occassionally) so I had to use a lighter to make sure we kept to 90 or so.

I thought I'd share some pics that I took before you upload yours Jane!

Cheers,
    Ben

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. heartland

heartland New Member

Hey Ben, great photos - glad you put yours up- it might take a while for me to get around to doing ours as Tony is working the next couple of days and I don't like using his new camera- I'm so glad you enjoyed the day out with us and that you and Roger got home safely - love that you had to use a lighter to see your speedo - classic!

The buses in order of photos are: Maggie - TassieDave and Big Ted - Tony and mine.

The white transporter was Glen (he was in Eden too);Roger - putt,putt,putt;Milly - Modred and Pinkscrapbooker and Paul and Lynne's.

The Purple beastie is the one from the UK - how committed is that - it's a Father/Son team traveling together.

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

More pics please.

What a beautiful setting smoke coming from the chimney, we don't see that till about July here! Did StevieW come along too?

4. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Jane this is cruel not only did we miss Eden, our dream is to one day travel Tassie so we would love to be with Lynn and Paul.
    Maybe another time we will get down there,glad to hear Lynn and Paul are having a good time.
    Michelle

5. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

some more pics

We have the run up from Hobart with Heartland Tassiedave and Golfy. All of us at lunch, Russell Falls for those that havent seen it. and Puttputtputt's Roger's Ultimate accessory.

Regards Adrian

Sorry they are attachments, photobucket is still too much for me.

Attached Files:

6. puttputtputt

puttputtputt New Member

photos look great Adrian! i agree, another trip definetely seems to be in order, sounds like there could be potentially a few more buses next time

7. heartland

heartland New Member

Bumping this thread up as I had a PM about it and promised I would - when Tony gets time I will ask him to add our pics too.

8. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

Man, i so wish to have joined ya's on the trip, Mt feild is basiclly my back yard, almost grew up there. but what a pleasent place to have a gathering aye, hopefully another one sometime soon aye. Hope paul and lyn had a safe return, haha, and top job with the lighter, thats using your head.
    Leigh