1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mt William Trip

Discussion in 'Tas' started by Leigh77, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

Hey, went for a little trip to Mt William Mat Park last week for a well deserved holiday, haven't had a propper holiday for a couple years now, work or injuries seem to stop it in one way or another. But finnaly got there this time, took about 6 hours to get there, but then, we weren't in a bug hurry, but wanted to beat the sun. haha. Went with m parents, so had some company whick was nice. When we arrived there, we were greeted by the locals (local wallaby's), so we got cam set up, the tin tent was parked and time to chill. spent the week there, the wind blew the whole time we were there, got a couple days of sun, but most of the time it was cold, but thats the fun of camping i guess aye, did some surf fishing, cought more sea weed than anything else, but did manage to catch a couple sharks (Gummy and Port Jackson i think), salmon and parrot fish, but had more pleasure sittin on the beach doing nothing. Despite the wind, we had no rain the whle time till the morning we were to pack up, so plenty sandy and muddy gear to come home to, not to mention the mud that flicked up of dads car into the trailer where alot of wet muddy gear was already stacked. But all in all, we had a great time, took about 5 and a half hours to come home, gotta love the tail wind, used only half a tank from Scottsdale to Granton, usually it takes a heck of alot more.
    Well, time to wrap up the littl story. hope more people discover the area, lovely place, but need to take your own water and fire wood as its a national park and have no fresh drinking water facilities.

Peace Out:cool:
    Leigh

Attached Files:

2. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

And some more.

Leigh

Attached Files:

3. VWFREAK

VWFREAK New Member

Great stuff, I haven't been to that area since I was a kid. Great set up, looks like you had a blast.

4. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Makes me envious as I haven't been able to get out for a while. Mid May has been earmarked and with a bit of luck will get out somewhere for the weekend.

5. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

now thats my sort of camping love it great pics too thanks for sharing

6. Leigh77

Leigh77 Member

Thanks guys, its a great place up there. When we go away like that where we jus set up camp, everything is taken with us to make life comfy, plenty tarps for rain and wind, and the fire pot for the cosy nights. even had the kitchen sink, dad made a sink unit years ago that cradles a square dish for washin up, makes life easy. jus a bugger packin up, especially in the rain. Hahahahaha
    Leigh