1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTB in Byron this weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2slow, Sep 23, 2008.

1. 2slow

2slow Member

Seems there is a few MTBers on the forum, the brother in law and myself are off to Byron for the weekend to check out some of the trails around Nightcap. Anyone been to Nightcap before, or can reccomend some good trails?

Might even see some nice dubs cruising around.

Bobby

2. kysteve

kysteve New Member

hi Bobby,
    we have 12acres in the village of Dunoon overlooking the nightcap ranges, magic spot 20mins from byron 10mins up hill is Rocky creek dam & Min Min falls with any amount of hiking/riding track & an adequite camp ground, great spot worth a weekend visit, Nimbin is 10min further inland with all the great things Nimbin has to offer & K.C members to.

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Hi Bobby,
    I'm up the Gold Coast from Sat arvo till Sunday mid morning but would love to catch up if you have time.
    kysteve,
    Nice to know there is another member in our beautiful region, we must catch up too, maybe we can make a time while Bobby is here, lunch Sunday maybe? Judy might be able to join us and I think Denise (Mountain Goat) will still be in the area.:D

4. kysteve

kysteve New Member

hi Ruby 6689,
    thought you would pick up on this thread, thanks for the warm invitation. Dunoon is our weekend escape block which unfortunatly we dont escape to enough, we have picked up on K.Cers in the area that you metioned and feel we maybe doing a diservice if we couldnt turn up in "Bliss" our 72 to meet you all, our target is old bar but think that may be tight either way we look forward following all your kombisations & meeting when our paths cross.
    cheers Ky & Steve

5. ruby6689

Great place for an escape :) Never feel as though you can't get along to any events because your kombi is not ready, it's all about the members and their love for the kombi that brings us together...hope you do make Old Bar with or without kombi:)

6. 2slow

2slow Member

Thanks Kysteve, will check out rocky creek and Min Min on the www today, your land sounds awsome, even more so as I sit here in my office all day!

Lunch might be the go on Sunday..where were you thinking Lorraine?

Bobby

7. ruby6689

Wherever you like Bobby, where will you be? We can find something near, or you are most welcome to come here. Whatever suits you, I'll give you a ring:)

8. kysteve

kysteve New Member

we were thinking maybe lunch at the Channon ,roughly in the middle of everyone at cafe or tavern 12.30ish whats your thoughts

9. ruby6689

The Tavern at the Channon is a great place for a nice feed, our Friday night regular:) , sounds good to me.

The Channon Tavern it is.....12.30 SUNDAY

Anyone else who would like to join us for lunch is more than welcome :)

Protestor's Falls is just up the road if anyone is up for a small cruise afterwards.

10. 2slow

2slow Member

Sounds great...barring any injuries on Saturday or Sunday morning we will see you there ;)

Bobby

11. kysteve

kysteve New Member

hi Loraine,

thanks for meeting us for lunch on sunday, was great to meet you & blue bus we both enjoyed your company & it was great to put a face to ruby6689 & make this computer stuff real; if half the rest of kcers are half as nice as you then were sure to make a lot more friends thanks again. steve & ky

12. ruby6689

Thanks Steve and Ky,

Likewise it was lovely to meet you two also, KC is just one big happy family and a great place to belong, hope you can get to some of our coming events so you can meet some more members.

Has Kylie logged on yet?

13. kysteve

kysteve New Member

thanks loraine, she will just think we need our baby back from the panel'o so we can get back to hands on work & ky can add her magic touch which im sure she wont hesitate to tell you & all about. cheers

14. 2slow

2slow Member

Hi Folks,

Sorry we did not make lunch on Sunday...we rode Goonengerry on Saturday and stayed in Mullumbimby that night but the local riders gave us a heads up that Nightcap was mostly fireroad so we headed up to nerang to hit some singletrack instead.

Bobby