1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 72 DC jigsaw puzzle

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Wayne murray, Jul 6, 2016.

1. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

I can take your old gates if you want, to save you scrapping them......

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I haven't yet decided what I'm doing with the old gates . In two minds at the moment!!

3. Wayne murray

91.JPG 95.JPG 93.JPG 94.JPG 96.JPG 92.JPG The latest is today my car was completely naked Brrrrrr bit cold to have a Kombi naked with no paint on it. The process has at least started ,epoxy primer is next.some photos of car today(sorry I notice there little bleary) Still working on the camera skills need work.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Syncro27 likes this.
  4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Twas that cold the pics fuzzed!

Wayne murray likes this.
  5. vassy69SC

vassy69SC Active Member

Good luck with it :)

Wayne murray likes this.
  6. Wayne murray

Thanks vassy69SC as you know I might need it.

vassy69SC likes this.
  7. Poptop

Poptop Well-Known Member

....some photos of car today(sorry I notice there little bleary) Still working on the camera skills need work....

I'm just home from the pub, they look perfect ;)

8. Wayne murray

thanks poptop Car just came out of the bead blaster booth .I think I'll be looking at new camera .I've taken more photos since but they are staying bleary. or I should join you in the pub!;)

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Wayne, are you using your phone camera or digital camera (if this one then possible setting issue) + a lot of people with digital cameras point and shoot too quickly :oops: but you have to centre the subject, push shutter release half way for it to capture the subject then depress fully to take the picture :D

10. Wayne murray

I think I might have found the main problem User error:confused:. There is several reason I think. I had it on the wrong setting .(Eg Still close up shots or mountain view shots ) I had it on close up.
    It is a digital camera but its a cheap Aldi Camera that I got .It might not be as good as a more expensive one. I know what you are talking about Kahuna Kombi but being a cheap camera it doesn't have the two stage button for taking photos. Yes I was in a hurry as car was coming out of bead blasters booth getting all parts on my single cab. Plus tow truck ready to load to take it to painters booth for epoxy primer. I didn't look at photo after I had taken them. Comedy of errors.

11. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Carols phone beats the camera for snaps most times. And its always present and ready for a shot!

12. Wayne murray

I thought iphones would make cameras almost obsolete for that reason you mentioned . Its handy and everyone has it on them at all times.

13. Wayne murray

I got a delivery for my loading bed .Klassic Fab panels . It was a good excuse and deliver the panels to the paint shop and have a good look at the car. While I was there I took some photos of the panels with plenty of ripples and previous repairs done.Try to redeem my self in the photo department.
    There was no unexpected nasty's after the blasting,which is always good to know.
    101.JPG 102.JPG 104.JPG 106.JPG 110.JPG 112.JPG 115.JPG 116.JPG 114.JPG

OSF and Syncro27 like this.
  14. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Good progress

15. Wayne murray

Thanks Syncro27. I like to know good progress on the car or the photos:rolleyes:

16. slobus

slobus Member

Looks like a great project, wish I thought about brakes when I took mine for sandblasting, I got an extra ding as they rolled it into a wall!! Mine is still in storage but still collecting parts for it. Good luck with your build.

Wayne murray likes this.
  17. Wayne murray

Thanks slobus. Parts are hard to come by for DC ,any think particular you looking for ?

18. slobus

slobus Member

Still looking for the rear side windows but might go with the Wolfgang pop out windows. just a few panels now(tray top) and some engine bits and pieces and I'm ready to start!! Mind you when I started this several years ago I thought I would have it finished by now!!!

19. Wayne murray

Not really have a update on the car ,as it's been 4 months since the car was blasted. I was informed by the painter that they won't start my car until January 2017 know. As the car that was there before mine,has taken longer than what they have predicted. Also the owner had changed plans on the build increasing the time it's taken.
    I haven't been completely sitting on my hands doing nothing. I've had the seats bead blasted and powder coated (charcoal in colour).The rear seat springs I had painted them in rust guard ,as you can take them of the frame .The front much harder to do that so the whole lot was done.
    119.JPG
    The seats are know at the trimmer waiting to be done,they are a fill in job for him . They will have coconut fibre and TMI (TAN basket weave vinyl)
    The other job I have been doing is restoring my 1/4 windows. Replacing nearly everything. Frames had been bead blasted ,then etched ,under coated
    121.JPG 123.JPG
    Centre post new aluminium ,same stage under coat plus handbrake lever
    129.JPG
    Frames painted in base colour black with matte clear on top
    137.JPG
    Frames done with new locking knob
    139.JPG
    Latch rivet on shows the outside.
    138.JPG
    Inside of frame rivet latch on
    143.JPG
    Outside of frame with weather deflector on
    142.JPG
    Weather deflector close up
    133.JPG
    New aluminium post with old latch catch used.
    Working currently on getting glass made and screen print made with logo on it for the glass company to screen print the toughen logo on before toughening the glass,more on this next time

68BUS, OSF, StevieVW and 5 others like this.
  20. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I always knew there was a much better use for the Hills Hoist, aside just drying washing......;)

I wonder if the inventor ever also realised it? .....:rolleyes:

Great progress Wayne. :)

Wayne murray likes this.