Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Wayne murray, Jul 6, 2016.
That's the best plan I've heard in a long timeKnow we need to finish them.
Easily done. With a smile & admiration whilst you explain to me what I don't understand.
The kombi came back from the trimmer on Friday with a completed headlining. Waited 9 months for a job that was done in less then four days The seats have also been done,they still need a little work. The rear seat is to hard to lift up ,to get into the storage compartment. It could be a combination of the coconut fibre being to thick across the back of the seat section or I've out done myself by adding the rubber mat under the pedestal,which lifts it up by 3mm which could also be causing the problem. I will move the mat from under the pedestal to see if this is the problem.
Managed to get the front windscreen in today. Rear vision mirror on and sunvisors.
Photos of the headlining ,no interior light yet.
These are original sunvisors with coconut fiber insides that I've sprayed with white vinyl paint .Center of Left hand sunvisor clip which the pin and fixing clip are as one,you can only swivel down and up
Outside of the left sunvisor which is a plastic pin with a metal plate.
The outer right side sunvisor different then left with chrome swivel arm and metal plate
Inner right side sunvisor clip which you can swivel up and down plus unclip and turn 90 degrees to it's other location against the drivers door.
Close ups of the headlining,which to me looks odd due to the fact the printed dots stand out way more then the perforated holes,holes line up as well
Looks great, Wayne!
It's looking good Wayne.
Let me know when you are going to do your slats on the load bed. I wouldn't mind coming out and watching / learning what I can for mine, as it's going to be a bit scary for me drilling so many holes into nice new metal.
The guru will make it look easy OSF.
Coming together nicely, great work.
Having a practice run never hurts.
Looking good! Let us know the outcome with the mat and rear pedestal. I’ve got your stencil and am yet to cut the rubber matting myself - I’m so slow!
I fear you and OSF will both be finished your entire DC’s before I get around to it, might be a DC ownership pre-requisite !
Put the genuine interior light,simple enough 3 wires to connect and push it up into place.
Changed over the outer rubber in the 1/4 window with the new EIS rubber,don't bother buying any other brand. Put the right side rear 1/4 window in followed by the other fixed window that goes in behind 1/4 window.
Only got one window to put in and it's the one that I've been dreading the most, back window
POP compared to RHR on a tintop. Good luck & don't break any more glass.
Leave it out - summers coming up and will make for great flow through breezes
Looks great Wayne!! Can’t wait to see it in 3D! A credit to your dedication and patience.
With my SC, the easiest window by far to fit, was the rear one - just dropped in sweetly, in record time.
Why the apprehension?
The progress so far, looks stunning!
I hope it does as you say "just dropped in" would be nice.
I've done one before took three hours with three people. The new rubber tend to curl up and the more you pushed it into it's position the more it curled stopping you from getting the window far enough in to make sure the rubber when pulling the robe out will get over the lip of the body.
I'll tell you tomorrow,I've had more luck with RHR then rear back window in a Ute. Mind you I do remember one that I had trouble,I didn't know glass flexed so much without breaking it
That would solve the problemexcept I didn't put front 1/4 flip windows to let the breeze through.
Looks good Wayne.
From re-collection when I had the DC the rubber mat was ribbed but where the pedestal rested it wasn't ..... so a bit thinner ..... seat was still bit of a mongrel to get into place.
Wow. Getting very close now. I am a long way away from anything like this.
Looking great. Got to be better than when it left the factory
Separate names with a comma.