My 72 DC jigsaw puzzle

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Wayne murray, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

He has to be trustworthy;) he owns a T3 SC

I like that I forgot about treasurer You voted your self in there,your a shoe in:p like all good politicians spend what they don't have.

David H likes this.
  2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Euan's wife said;)
    Cheers

Wayne murray likes this.
  3. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

So as Treasurer I move to increase the annual membership fees payable and also change the payment cycle to a monthly charged by automatic direct debit. This will help reduce our tax burden as the increased processing fees are tax deductible and as I will take on this admin work myself pro bono (with a small fee just to cover my costs) we will effectively be self funding a tax reduction. I am however in the process of applying for Charity Tax Exempt status and will keep you posted on this. I've set up a special account and I'll send information to all of you shortly so you can set up your weekly direct debits into this account. The account name is "1976 DC Engine Upgrade and then get a nice Type 3 Squareback for Jo" but don't worry about the name as this isn't important, I just had to call it something. There will of course be a small administration fee charged to you (15%) but don't let this bother you as it's a standard industry practice. With regard to the account it did need two signatures and as none of you had made yourself available (pull your sock up guys this isn't a Charity) I had to rely on another person to be the co-signatory. Fortunately I had a very trustworthy individual very experienced in spending by the name of Jo on hand who was willing to take on this responsibility, so you don't need to worry about a thing.

My second motion is to implement standard pre-electoral nomination police checks on all new members (Committee and other) as there is some dodgy characters out there and we don't need them here. As the Treasure and "responsible person" of the organisation, I am of course exempt from any such process. There will be another small administrative charge for the processing of your police checks (required biannually and paid quarterly) but don't be concerned about this as it's all covered extremely clearly and extensively in the fine print of associated direct debit authority I have completed on your behalf.

My third motion is to introduce a small retainer for the Treasurer and increase his reimbursements as he is doing an absolutely sterling job and the unselfish personal effort he is putting into setting up the by-laws, tax structure and corporate governance of our organisation is nothing short of amazing.

I do unfortunately however need to give notice of my unavailability for the next meeting as I will be away on a business trip to the Bahamas. We do however need to address our rising insurance costs and I'll be moving to implement a one off special levy (recurring annually) to cover this. Since I will be away and given the importance of retaining proper insurance, I strongly recommend well just go ahead with the levy so I can sort this out before I go. We can of course convene an extraordinary meeting to address this situation, though we are all very busy people and I know whilst it's a bit against convention it will be easier on you if I just sort it out through the overdraft facility I have arranged with the bank. I did have to include our Kombi's as equity, though was unfortunately unable to use mine for this purpose as it's still in my wife's name as I forgot to change it back after the last time when I had a few problems arising after I set up the NSW Chapter of the Aussie Home Brewers society.

StevieVW, Wayne murray and David H like this.
  4. David H

You'll prob have to put the motion & get seconded:confused: & Jo can't second!
    Bloody funny!!! My eyes are watering:D.
    Oh My:p:oops:. Did you get all that Grantus & note it in the minutes;). It seems the treasurer has 'gone rogue' & the power overcome him (Bahamas) with too many admin fees & levy's. Some of us can't get out of a bloody cold Canberra:( & here is the new treasurer of the DC chapter swanning off to warmer climes.
    Thanks Euan .......made my night;).
    Pity the brewing thing went bad:p.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  5. Wayne murray

I thought kombis are expensive and frustrating to work on,but this takes a new slice of the pie to a different level for us to all work on to achieve what we have set out to not achieve before we thought we were in front but know we are well and truly behind what we had set out to receive.:confused::confused: You forgot the pay increase starting in July.;)

David H likes this.
  6. David H

You should be in government with an answer like that;). That's why you got voted in. Talked a lot & said nothing:rolleyes: like a polly but did vote a pay increaseo_O.
    Cheers

Wayne murray likes this.
  7. Wayne murray

I know have to life up to expectations o_O

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  8. David H

Done brilliantly Wayne. Expectations exceeded:D.
    Cheers

9. Wayne murray

Went to the see the car again today.They have taken most of the back tray off.Which was a bitch to get off as it had plug welds all over the place and they welded around the fold near the edge. Not much rust under that tray ,had some pit marks, which will be retreated fixed up.
    They where also getting some of the smaller pieces and doors ready to undercoat.
    Had trouble with my glass,as the rear window decided to blow up after it went thru the furnace,in the cooling down phase. :( Another one is needed to be made know. Glass and me have too many issues,:rolleyes:It even breaks when I'm not around. Glad I'm not a glazier for a living. 168.jpg 169.jpg 170.jpg

10. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good under your tray there Wayne. Got to be happy about that.

Poptop and Wayne murray like this.
  11. David H

Hi Wayne,
    Nice to see some progress. I'm thinking that glass is not your favourite part of buses!!!!:rolleyes:
    Nice to see it's so clean under the tray. Looks good.
    Getting there:mad:. Thanks for the photos;).
    Cheers

Wayne murray likes this.
  12. Wayne murray

I'm happy with that one area that has some work needed but other then that it good.
    Has any one seen the key way slots down the side of the ute bed after the tray was taken off.Any Ideas what they would of been for.I thought to help locate the bed when fitting originally,OSF where they on yours?

13. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

I had a fair bit of rust along that area and can't remember he slots. I expect they were there however. I've just gone back through my pics to try and see, but all my pics are mainly of holes. Could they be for lining up the side panels.

14. Wayne murray

Any thing is possible I guess.

15. Wayne murray

Passenger doors are on and getting massaged for alignment to body. Gates have also had holes drilled for drainage and rubber stops where they would touch when in closed position. It is slowly coming together rather nicely I must say.:) 171.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  16. David H

Just such a labour of love, money, time, persistence & determination to bring these buses back to life.

A bit tight on the top of LH door top RHS but I do hear the 'massage bit' & am sure you'll get it perfect.

Nice to see the progress Wayne.;):D

Cheers

Wayne murray likes this.
  17. OSF

OSF Well-Known Member

Hear, hear!

Wayne murray and David H like this.
  18. Wayne murray

I don't really needed them but I sore them for sale overseas so I thought they would be nice to have for spares you never know what might happen.Another project may be in the making. Better in my garage,then looking at them on the computer.o_O

IMG_20170727_200625.jpg

StevieVW, David H, OSF and 1 other person like this.
  19. David H

Wayne,
    You must have the storage shed that we all wish for.;):p:D. Has the DC team leader volunteered to become the spares repository? Wayne's Wagen bits;)!
    Cheers

Wayne murray and Poptop like this.
  20. Wayne murray

It seems like I been volunteering for everything:rolleyes: without my presences.o_O. It is that the 6 Volkswagen's we own are the only source of transport we have and we have the spares to be able to maintain them when ever we need too.:)
    I don't know about shed we all wish for is a bigger one that's for sore.It is never big enough but big enough to never find what you have misplace some time ago.:confused::eek:;)

OSF and David H like this.