1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My T4 Ride and (maybe) Build

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by GypsyWannabe, Sep 6, 2011.

1. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

I thought it was about time I posted some pics of my T4.

Soon after I bought it ("it" because I have not yet determined a name or whether it be male or female), with the Canberra plates:

[​IMG]

After transferring the rego to NSW, I got some personalised plates:

[​IMG]

I thought the forest green plates wouldn't go too well with the fresian green of the T4, so I consulted my wife. That might have been a mistake. She said, "Purple". So I got them. I like the look of them but my son asked, "Why'd you get purple plates! Purple and green are lesbian colours!" Now, I'd never heard of that and not that there's anything wrong with that but it appears that my wife had, because she burst out laughing. It turns out at the time I asked, she was not happy with me for some reason, so decided to play a trick on me! So, purple and green it is!

There are some dings to fix, a couple of big ones on each side and minor marks on just about each panel but no rust and the mechanicals are great::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am thinking about a full respray, as I have been quoted what I think is a good price.

Baz

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  2. GypsyWannabe

The window tinting was bubbling and badly scratched:

[​IMG]

And the black bumpers were grey and weathered:
    [​IMG]

So, I heat treated the bumpers to get them back to black:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are still not perfect but maybe I didn't get all the dirt out of the plastic. I'll give it another go later. When I get the respray, I will probably have the bumpers and mirrors colour coded anyway.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  3. GypsyWannabe

I had the old window tint removed and replaced with super dark film. I think it looks the duck's nuts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

5. GypsyWannabe

There had been an annoying rattle in the sliding door, so I removed the door trim:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And repaired the foam that runs along the rod mechanism. I just used gaffer tape:

[​IMG]

6. GypsyWannabe

[​IMG]

And gave the whole inside of the door a clean while I was there:

[​IMG]

I also cleaned the sliding door step and silicon sprayed all the tracks, so the door slides nice and easy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GypsyWannabe

I transferred the lei across from Janie and fitted a 3-slot cigarette lighter plug-in thingy with a USB slot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I had a hands-free kit for my iPhone wired in. This was a parting gift from my boss when I left (shhh...):

[​IMG]

8. GypsyWannabe

Steve at Kombi Rescue found me a nice set of new VW 17inch alloys. I can't wait to fit them when I can afford the rubber:

[​IMG]

And the van may just be lowered a couple of inches, too ;)

Baz

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice work Baz now you got some time to do it :lol:

10. GypsyWannabe

Try telling the wife I've got time! She keeps asking me how many jobs I've applied for today!

Baz

11. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

:lol: I keep getting asked when I'm going to back to work to which I reply when you don't need me as a chaeffuer and pack mule 5 days a week and you ditch the sisters coffee meet the other 2 and get me run your errands :wtf: I get 1.5 hrs per day for me to do lawns, wash cars, gardening etc etc etc. SO I don't get time to look let alone go to work.

Baz suggest you take a holiday break and enjoy it and during your time do what you want at your pace, think of what you really want to do - I did after being retrenched in 1995 for 5 weeks even though I had had a job interview in the 1st week adn then waited another 4 weeks before being put on. Also took the 4 months LSL & AL to decide what I wanted to do before pulling the pin 4 yrs ago.

12. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Purple & Green are actually "Feminist" colours not lesbian, so my feminist friends tell me when I wear the two colours. Apparently it shows you're attuned to the ladies & their feelings. :)
    Hey, I'll believe anything.
    Looking the goods Baz. :cool:

13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Family Tartan Don?

Like the tint Baz.
    Black pillars look good as well ;)

Think the painting quote will head north when painters hear of the silicone:(

cheers
    col

14. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Something like that Col. :umm: :lol:

15. GypsyWannabe

Thanks Bert. I want to take at least 4 weeks break but my wife is getting worried, especially after another email today saying I didn't get an interview - I thought I was a shoe-in for an interview. I think she's forgotten that she resigned from IAG(NRMA) a few years back because she'd had enough and bought a cleaning franchise that didn't do so good and our income was almost halved! We have only recently almost got back to where we were. :wtf:

Baz

16. GypsyWannabe

"Attuned to the ladies and their feelings". That's it! ;)

Baz

17. GypsyWannabe

Thanks Col. The tint is 5% from behind the front doors and of course officer, the front door windows are 35%. :rolleyes:

Black pillars? :umm:

What do you mean about the silicone? :eek:

Baz

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

19. GypsyWannabe

Thanks Col. I might take that under advisement and photoshop the pillars black to see what it might look like but I think I'll be sticking with the one original colour. Thanks for the tip on the silicone - I will hit it with the wax and grease remover when the time comes.

Cheers,

Baz

20. GypsyWannabe

17" Alloys Fitted

Well, the panel work and spray job are on hold indefinitely but I had the 17" VW alloys and new Toyo tyres fitted on Friday. I really like the way it looks and handles now. My wife hasn't noticed them yet... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Baz