1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nationals 2015

Discussion in 'NSW' started by wirrah, May 24, 2015.

1. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Getting things rolling here. The Split registered "63 Cool" was built by my nephew for a client of his... I wish he didn't live so far away!

DSCF0998.jpg

DSCF1051.jpg

DSCF1054.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

ruby6689 and Javaman like this.
  2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Great photos as usual Greg. That 63 was very very nice. Good to see some familiar faces and hope those that caught up with me enjoyed their slices.

3. Javaman

Javaman Member

A great day, what a smorgasbord!

4. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

While my daughters beetle didn't bring home any trophy - a certain T3 owner needs to make some space in his trophy cabinet :)

The quality of the vehicles there today (probbably as usual) was outstanding.

Great to catch up others as well.

melissa likes this.
  5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

So was it Scott or Phil's turn this year for the T3 trophy? :D

6. Cafe53

Cafe53 Member

Well a great day today down at the Nationals was great to meet so many of our followers, supporters and new fans. Sadly no coffee sales today so many requests but unable to supply with the restrictions. Look forward to seeing you all again at Old Bar yes we will be selling coffee, merchandise and bringing Fillmore J.
    Thank you to the great group we travelled down with, Congratulations to Andy Roberts for your silverware. Also well done to other winners for presenting some of the finest examples. So many great cars on show a great mix of every style and versions of VW.
    This was our third year our first year in 2013 we came as virgins and non VW owners, we caught the bug, and bought a Beetle a few months later than last year we came to look for a Single Cab and bought one a few months later, this year we bought both to show.
    Lastly on a sad note, we were made aware of some thieving scumbags taking advantage of our carefree nature, we were told they were out and to fall victim ourselves really hurt too. The item might not be much but I know it upset the kids who actually own the cars they stole from, first we heard of Valve caps stolen from another family’s car, then to check our daughters hers too had gone and also the car beside us. Not a great value but to our 4 year old her spent 1hr yesterday polishing her hubcaps they were her reward for doing a great job, shame on you scumbags
    Thanks for the memories and new friendships formed
    The Team at Café 1953

7. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

That is terrible Scott! With so many people wandering around and looking, I am surprised they were so bold! Wonder if anyone caught them in photos?

8. Cafe53

Cafe53 Member

Yeah was blown away Isabella doesn't understand she is a bit upset, she polished hubcaps so much, she asked for new hubcaps or mags and even picked a set but now is worried

One bad thing will not put us off, rest of day was awesome ''Best Day Ever'' words from both of their mouths

9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Some of the T3's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cafe53 likes this.
  10. Luckyphil

11. Luckyphil

12. Jackpot

Jackpot Member

Great to see all the Kombi's on show today - even navigating the carpark before entry was exciting! The search goes on...

13. Frank

Frank Active Member

Another great VW Nationals show. Good to catch up with many KC members, that I haven't seen in a while. …also thanks for the mars bar slices Melissa, had a few :)
    Some fantastic cars on show. Was it your T3 that won Scott?

melissa likes this.
  14. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

what's with all the t3's
    where's the kombis :p

Nice examples throughout . Thanks for pics

15. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Yes Frank

Happy wife and daughters - they love a trophy and this one is huge. But I would have rather won the yellow Golf convertible.....

Great pics too Lucky phil.

There was a good T3 turnout with a couple of nice ones in the trade display and probably a few in the car park.

Did anyone get some photos out there in the car park - always a good selection there.

16. Grantus

Congrats Scott. Well done! :)

Glad it went to a KC member....;)

17. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Would loved to have been there :( maybe next time, we'll probably pay dearly for that pic feast of T3's :rolleyes::D

18. Luckyphil

What Kombi's I only saw T3's :)

19. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Was there anything else worth looking at?

20. Grantus

So only T3 drivers bothered to get a camera out? :D

Luckyphil likes this.