1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help in tassie

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by kaye and rex, Nov 27, 2006.

1. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Hi to all
    is there anyone who can help us we need a skylight replacement at least I think that's what it is called you know that square thing that sits on top of the roof of a camper (1979 sunliner) ours was taped up when we bought "Lily" and now it leaks(like a sieve)so we need a new one I suppose it has a proper name but I haven't a clue what it is called (no not blonde) just a new kombi owner come to think about it there's a lot I don't bl....well know!!!
    hope another kombi lover can help!....Please

cheers
    Kaye

2. brookie

brookie Guest

Camec and other camper suppliers sell these and I think your Tassie expert is almarker.:)

3. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Tar very much

4. geedubber

geedubber Member

Hey guys keep an eye out for our white campmobile over christmas.. we'll down visiting the mother in law at Huonville for christmas.. might see you a cockle creek!!!
    G

5. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

we certainly will keep an eye out for you we are going to cockle this weekend if the weather keeps nice, our very first trip in Lily(kombi) don't know how I'll go as there is more to me than the average women and that bed in the back is only soo big just as well I have a slim hubby but it will be cosy.
    cheers
    Kaye

6. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi Kaye & Rex,
    You can buy them new from Kendalls Caravan supplies in Derwent park. Look them up in the phone book, as I can't remember the exact address. I was out there looking at some stuff & found one that is an exact copy & they also have all the fitting hinges etc. I didn't need it & Tara was after one, so I told her & she grabbed it. I am assuming they will be able to order another one in for you.
    Give Tara a message, as I am not sure how they went fitting it. She is away at the moment, camping at "Jeanneret's Beach" in the Bay Of Fires up on the East Coast............My old beach...Grrrrrrrrrrrrr (Long story).
    Goodluck,
    Rob J

7. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Thanks a bunch just didn't know where to go being so new to this, now if we needed a Ford part Rex would know exactly where to find it!!

8. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

That would be the Tip, wouldn't it??? LOL........Just kidding!

Let us know when you are here & we can all catch up. Would be great to see a mainlander visit! I bumped into a mate I had made on the Samba site. He was over from the UK & we went cruining in my Splits!!

9. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Catching up with you all would be great ..It would be nice to put a face to a name...Then again talking like this I can be young,slim and just about anyone I want to be ....Ah! what the hec I am who I am like it or not.

10. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi Kaye,
    you guys should come down & meet up with us at Salamanca. Saggas is always there, Tara & Ola too. Most of the others come quite a bit, so there is usually always about 4 or 5 there. I myself, AGAIN can't make it this week, as I am away with Ten Days. Last week, so should be able to get down the following week.
    As for bagging Fords, of course I am joking. Here is a pic of my old XK. Better than it lookks in the pics, this car was mint.

[​IMG]

11. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Would be great to get to Salamanca one Thursday but Rex works I don't drive so that only leaves youngest daughter and she works some Thursdays and needs to be home everyday by 3pm for the kids but I will get there one day is it every Thursday or just selected days and where are you Salamanca is a big place now
    cheers
    Kaye

12. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi Kaye,
    every Thursday. But it sounds like we will have to sort out a special day to catch up with you. Will talk to the others & see what we can come up with.

Rob J

13. bigbottomedanarchist

bigbottomedanarchist New Member

Pop top hatch

A few years back I was in Kings Trailers in Florence Steet Moonah and they had a few Kombi pop top hatches. I bought one of them. It might be worth seeing if they have any more.

Andrew

14. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

skylight thingy

Thanks everyone I have rang Kendalls and they have one.You all have been a great help! As it is getting close to Chrissy maybe us Hobartians can get together for a couple of drinkkies (soft drink of course )LOL LOL
    cheers
    Kaye

15. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi Kaye,
    a get together would be great. I have been trying to organise a BBQ at the Waterworks, but have had some trouble booking a site........now I am a little run of my feet with the Ten Days stuff. Come back home Tara & do what you do well!! Organise us!!

Rob J

16. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

When is Tara home as I want to ask her some girly questions about Lilys interior
    A barbie will be great!
    cheers
    Kaye

17. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

I spoke with her today. She is up at Jeanneret's beach & loving it (Grrrr) & will be back for the Thursday meet.......probably. At the latest friday.
    Rob J

18. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Tar, I will also try to make it Thursday if Boo (daugther ) is able to bring me up, where do you meet and what time.

19. t2pickup

t2pickup New Member

Hi There. If you are ever after kombi bits guys, second hand that is, i have heaps of them in various state of decay. Just message me on the site. I am only a new member, but a few know me and i have been playing vw games for many years.
    B.B.Q sounds good Rob, are we all invited?

20. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi Ed, of course you are, Jeremy too.
    You like VWs & Kombis, you are part of the Hobart crew. I just need to get my shite together & get it sorted. Will get Tara to weave her organising skills & we should be set.

Andrew is gonna be there too.
    Rob J