1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needing some Uncommon Distrubuter advice.

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission' started by 68BUS, Jun 25, 2019.

1. 1500king

1500king Well-Known Member

No worries. Kaddies with ported advance, I've run with rebuilt standard SVDA (VW German or Aussie) distributors or a 123TUNE+(my electronic option) and have always pulled well. I find that in most cases you have to go down a jet size in both main and idle jets(better fuel economy!) as the motor then starts fouling plugs due to running cooler and not requiring the above(009's , aftermarket stuff curved badly and franken-ignitions) to fire plugs on poor advance curves and folks throwing fuel at the motor to get over the dead/flat spots. Both Kaddies need mods(x1 to plug the vac port above/below the throttle plate to stop bypass air and x1 to mod for the vac port-also plugs the bypass while doing it). It's relatively simple to do, only I've found most carbs handed to me have been knackered and requiring a rebuild on top. You don't need the added hassle of an extra 4x plugs, in fact a waste of $$ imho. Imho, where you have that vac line is pointless for sensing engine load. It cannot ever be sensed there.

gazman likes this.
  2. rabidkombi

rabidkombi Member

Hey Brad,

Did you end up getting this sorted out?
    Cheers,
    Pete

3. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Not yet, getting closer to taking some hobby time. Just focusing on the house for now.

oldman likes this.
  4. rabidkombi

rabidkombi Member

Cool thanks for the update Brad

5. Torben Alstrup

Torben Alstrup New Member

Hello Bus68
    Did you ever get the distributor issue fixed? If no, drop me a line. I may be abler to guide you through to a solutoion.

Best regards
    Torben

deeksy62 likes this.
  6. David H

David H Well-Known Member

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I am currently trying to download the tuning software on a tablet to take to the auto electrician tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed it will be back on the road soon. Unfortunately we missed busstop which was my deadline. But be good to get driving again through he winter months.

David H likes this.