1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Terrordales, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

2. dbs

dbs Member

Complete with Harry Potter scar

:D

3. Terrordales

Wouldn't know, never read or seen Harry Potter.
    Load of over hyped rubbish IMHO :)

4. greenbay

greenbay New Member

How did you come by this opinion if you've never seen or read it old fella ????:p

5. dbs

dbs Member

I agree that it is over hyped, but kids love it... I read them all... shallow plot lines and borrowed ideas but how many books written for kids aren't
    ;)

to get you a little up to speed... Harry Potter had a scar in the shape of a lightning bolt on his forehead as does this picture of Kombi Chitty

:)

6. greenbay

greenbay New Member

he knows he's just being obnoxious .......again:lol:

7. dbs

dbs Member

;) I know... I've got it on good authority he's actually read all the books and bought all the movies on blue-ray.

:lol:

8. Terrordales

:p

Quite incorrect, I've never even handled one of the foul tomes & I don't have a DVD or Blue-ray machine either & have no desire to own one.
    I have no children, nasty obnoxious little beasts.

9. dbs

dbs Member

I don't think OSI and Wanda would be happy to hear that...
    ;)

10. Terrordales

OSI & Wanda are adults & can fend for themselves.
    The furkids on the other hand, but there ain't no way I will sully myself with the drivel of Harry Pooter.
    The furkids can have Beatrix Potter or Enid Blyton or J.R.R.Tolkein read to them but
    NOT bloody J.K.Rowling. :lol:

11. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

12. dbs

dbs Member

Fair call.... and yes JKR is certainly such a far cry from the others mentioned that she wouldn't even get rated in a top 100 list.... you have redeemed yourself ...in my eyes at least

;)

13. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

I reckon I may have to get a copy to read to my Grandchild....if it ever arrives :lol:

14. Necro

Necro Active Member

How's that grandchild going...? Ours is coming in three weeks, how long till the bub gets here...? :heart:

15. Necro

Necro Active Member

For me, my son and I read them before the movies were made...he was six and we were in a bookshop...he was begging me to get him Harry Potter...told me it was bigger than the bible. I laughed and bought it for him...we took turns to read it, he read them over and over....when I was on the sole parent pension and I had no money, I made him a broom, a wand, and a cloak of invisibility for christmas...that was even before you could buy any memorabilia for the books, just the books, he loved them and still has them..used to walk around in his cloak and I would ignore him...ahhh they were the days...:D

It depends when you got on the Hogwart Express Don, in the early days Harry was special...

16. Necro

Necro Active Member

Oh and a new chitty chitty bang bang....cool....I agree though, the lightning bolt is a cash in on Harry...

17. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

3 weeks, I'm excited for you, Jedda and Kane......9 months feels like years to me I can't wait. Lisa is due the End of June :) I have the job of making all the fitted nappies 5 down 20 to go, just as well it's not coming too soon :lol:

I LOVE that 'invisible cloak' idea :lol: Kane is one very lucky young man to have a talented father like you. Money could not have bought the happiness of that special homemade present.

We are all waiting the arrival of your new bub.

18. T1 Terry

T1 Terry Well-Known Member

A kombi, chitty chitty bang bang, I'd say tight exhaust valves or crook guides and the points have closed up :lol: The lightening flash on the windscreen obviously denotes an electrical hazard lurks past this point, covers most kombi's I know, maybe it's a symbol they all should carry :rolleyes: A kombi that flies, nothing unusual there, I think we all believe our kombi have that capability :cool: Some even have imaginary Sambas

T1 Terry

19. dbs

dbs Member

that has to be the most accurate evaluation on record....

love your work!

:D

20. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

HELLO ! that woke me up !.......:wtf: