1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New KombiClub Homepage

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by pr0phet, Dec 2, 2014.

1. pr0phet

pr0phet Prophecy Enterprises

With regards to the vehicles for sale. I was asked to include this, but, I understand the concerns and have disabled the functionality for the moment until I can discuss what Roy would like to do.

You do still need to be registered and logged in to view the threads on the forum.

I hope this is ok!

2. pr0phet

How about we do a NEW section - 'Just sold' that shows on the front? So once a Kombi is sold via the forum a title, picture and summary (without personal/financial info) is posted. ?

I am off to bed now. Catch you later when you lot should be in bed!

3. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Kai, some of us old farts like to keep using what we're used to :p generally I've had no issues with IE and as the Mrs is IT technically challenged she won't accept change as went to chrome once before and she didn't like it so wiped it and I don't see the point of running 2 or more internet access software applications on the Windows 7 home premium computer-ma-bob :rolleyes:

4. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Vince, a Just Sold on the front page sounds great.
    Yes, registered members only view the VFS thread within the Forum, hoever all the details can be viewed of the ad on the new Homepage.....

5. KahunaKombi

Re Sponsors - there is one and only one - The Bus Stop ie. Roy's Place. Sponsors in the early days were welcomed but after some unpleasant issues Roy decided the shit wasn't worth it and so continued on alone so you are best to talk to the man himself about that.

Not too sure on the Just Sold option = jury out on that one but would go with the flow. Don't see other forums with it and with the rules for advertising being what they are on here I expect putting something up would get the small minded members of other forums having a rib/dig at this place if you get my drift.

6. pr0phet

OK, an update for you all.

1. Internet exploring people. Please clear your cache's and try again. I believe I have cured you. But, you will need to refresh.

2. VFS. This is disabled pending discussions on a suitable format or alternative. I have a few ideas, if you will humour me;

If the mods are moving sold items and expired ads I can instead perhaps have a little block that says 'x' kombi for sale or 'y' kombis sold here since... - ultimately VFS will pull in new members. I appreciate the concern about flippers, so understand the need to present this carefully to the outside world. The 'Just sold' idea would be, if the mods are moving completed sales from the VFS, we can add a title, pic, brief description and have these appear on the homepage to show that kombis sell via this forum, the original sale ad would not be shown in this format. As moderators, you probably already dissuade/disallow new members from posting VFS ads until they have shown themselves to be pillars of your community? ;)

3. Sponsors, yes, the idea was that this would be easy to manage with some simple tools. Again, I will discuss with Roy, perhaps it might be re-imagined with, please spend your AUD with our sponsor Roy and be in a slightly different format.

I hope this is ok, please post any further problems, suggestions here....

Thank you for the responses so far!

7. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Thanks, issue resolved..

8. KahunaKombi

Yo,
    IE does not seem to have issues this morning - thanks for weaving your magic again. I had not cleared cache or refreshed or logged out.

The home page does take a while to load but may be because of the slide show or pic sizes used but not a real problem as it also happened when I pulled out the tragicpad last night.

We get a lot of "new members" who come on here to post a Vehicle For Sale (VFS) and do the 1st post and never return or they do come back and comment but once sold never see them again or thread is non compliant to rules so Mods move it. SO while us Mods have tossed about the get 10 posts before advertising/posting in VFS we thought let it go as long as thread complies with Rules - allow a couple of months and then archived as it has either sold on another site/forum or thread starter has not been back or edited thread so we deem it as interest lost by seller.

Your just sold idea has merit but would not have any dates - recent sales may be better title. Imo strike rate for cars sold here against other forums and sites is very low thus why I say no dates. May be a scrolling design or slide show ?????

9. pr0phet

Thanks Wirrah and Bert for testing IE out, glad that is sorted, it is always bound to cause me a little misery. It has for the last 15 years and probably will for the next.

With regards to VFS and sponsors, I'll keep on thinking and will probably run some things past you guys when I have an idea. I'll sleep on it (again)/ :)

10. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

As the advertising copy says "been there, done that" after years of working for two internet service providers!

11. chenko

chenko Member

works fine on chrome, both on the laptop and on my android phone

looks very professional

12. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

The forum home page has been updated again to show the details for The Bus Stop 2016.
    Thanks pr0phet.
    :)

ruby6689 likes this.
  13. KahunaKombi

Didn't notice it.

14. melissa

Well for those that go - check out the front page.
    Even have added some photos from this year's event.

15. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Saw that and was really happy to see the Bus Stop 2016 details up so early, certainly helps to draw new members.

16. KahunaKombi

Waited today until it loaded to see it as it takes a while to load fully, just like the Forum page waiting for the Twitter & Facebook links to load up

17. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

clicked on the link on first post this thread.
    wont load and comes up with a box saying explorer has stopped working . doesn't progress past that.

should it come up on 'home' on kc page?

18. melissa

No don't click that - just go to www.kombiclub.com and you should see the home page.

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

clicked on your link and it did the same thing ??
    never did like computers [or anything that cant be fixed with a hammer]

20. melissa

Then you may need to clear your cache. I had some trouble where it wasn't updated with my net book, but it was with my Mac. Its all good now.