New member - 76 T2 swagman in Brisbane

Discussion in 'New Members' started by BrissieRex, Feb 8, 2018.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Woah!! I hope your brother makes a full recovery. That is a big job to consider a repair.

BrissieRex likes this.
  2. BrissieRex

BrissieRex New Member

Thanks all, my brother is one tough bugger - he phoned me while pinned and waiting for the ambo and jaws of life to apologise:D
    Nasty injuries, but the doctors are confident its all patched, and just a matter of time, healing and rehab.
    Really not worried about the kombi, its only metal - time and money can fix that.
    Unfortunately, he hit a new landcruiser and the bumper went underneath - not a scratch on the bumper!
    We have a plan to repair - it may involve titanium to match the new bits in his legs :cool:

Wayne murray and David H like this.
  3. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I take it you are planning on rebuilding it? Has the chassis rails been bend at all? Just asking has the integrity of the body structure been compromised by the accident. If it has in my opinion is it worth looking for another kombi and using this as a donor for parts.

4. BrissieRex

BrissieRex New Member

Hi Wayne, we are planning on rebuilding it at this stage as the front accident didn't impact the chassis - once we remove the accident damage and get a better look at it we will make the call. It will have to wait a couple of months.
    Yes, your right, a donor vehicle would be ideal when we proceed.

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Bugger.
    Hope all goes well for full recovery for your brother.
    A pity for the kombi given your attention to sorting things which most don't get.

Good luck on the next stage for your brother and the kombi.

Full cage next time ;)