1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Members

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Roy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Archeress

Archeress Guest

bay or bus

hay thanks melissa .yeah my 73 came with middle and rear seats and this (as yet un-named) darling has a rear seat without bolts (yet).hope you had a good sleep.

2. Archeress

Archeress Guest

kombi lovin' archer

hi minus........well in all other things im a righty but seeing as i have a lazy right eye i found it much easier to shoot left handed.

3. minus-1

minus-1 Member

Hello Amcor, have you got any programming tips?

Ah many loves, I am also a left handed archer, and so is my Son and so will be his son also...

4. umai

umai New Member

hello....im from kuala lumpur malaysia...glad to join with u all....

5. brookie

brookie Guest

Welcome to Forum-do you have VW or Kombi at the moment?

6. Vanders

Vanders Active Member

Funny, both my wife and I are lefties, but our three kids are righties. Genetics are weird. And yes, I am sure they are all mine!

7. viewer_96

viewer_96 New Member

welcome viewer_96,

8. minus-1

minus-1 Member

helo..

welcome viewer_96, got any advice?

9. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Don't sleep in ze subwaaaaaaaaaay.... :D

Ecky ecky ecky ecky f 'TANG! z0000pBOING!!! :eek:

10. viewer_96

viewer_96 New Member

umai,

welcome old friut, do you have any advice on brass or instruments?

11. Darren

Darren New Member

Hi all
    Just joined, have had a 79 Camper for 3yrs and have decided on doing some work on it so we can get away more often. Problem is I have very limited ideas when it comes to completing these projects. Starting with the body, i am looking for someone to cut some rust and respray. Any suggestions for the Newcastle/ Lake Mac. region? Thanks.

12. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Welcome Darren I am sure you will get many willing hands to help with your resto of your bus we also have a 79 camper Lily is a Sunliner and we have had her since Oct last year .
    Once again welcome..you don't have to be mad to be a KC member but believe me it helps!!!

cheers

Kaye and Rex

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Hi Darren,
    I can recommend a guy at Warners Bay. We used him and were very happy with his work.
    Allyance Panelbeating
    Ph.4956 7377
    Go and have a chat.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hi Darren; welcome to all that is Kombi and friendship.

15. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Hiya darren.............welcome to the club. Enjoy ur stay..You will find a lot of good folk here willing to help....'cept doc...hes just a hindrance.best stay away...nahhhh just joshin'. Docs just as nice as soooo many here..

16. jb4845

jb4845 Member

I can second that (actually...first it...I put Melissa onto them)

Dave and Adrian are great - small scale operation that is willing to give you the time and effort - not a push-em-thru type operation

I will have my van to them in the next two weeks for repainting - Dave has already done the cut and weld thing - now Adrian will lay down some nice colours

Josh

17. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Sure did Josh..and thanks for that too :)

18. Darren

Darren New Member

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. Will be contacting Dave & Adrian a call within the next few days.

19. Paulm

Paulm New Member

Hi from Dubai

Hi to the forum! I'm a newbie to the world of Kombi's, having just bought a '78 bayfront microbus from Tony at Volksworld in Melbourne - a great guy and very helpful. I'm actually a Brit (no boos now!) living in Dubai BUT redeeming feature may be that I bought a house in Melbourne in Dec '06 to house my 2 kids who are studying at Deakin Uni in that fine city.

Our intention is to visit often - family holidays being kind of sorted for the next few years - and I'm edging towards having a longer relationship with Aus in the future - though with one more daughter heading to Uni in 3 years or so, I'm there for the medium term anyhow.

But enough of the domestics - the van! Getting tired of forking out too many $$$'s for hire cars and refusing to accept that a balding 41 y.o can't be a surf dude I decided a kombi would be a cool runaround when there, great for the kids to drive when they pass their licences (now having second thoughts on this one...) and, well, MINE.

So, after failing to win the auction on a very nifty yellow 1800 (A Twist of Lemon...) on eBay recently, I instead contacted Tony and arranged to buy a very nice white-over-orange 1978 2l. All this with me in Dubai and number one daughter and only son doing the checking for rust etc.

The van - christened Karla by the daughter - is in very nice condition and Tony has been great about throwing in some extra TLC.

I will be trying to coincide my own visits with Kombi Club meets and hopefully see some of you there - I'll be the pasty looking Brit in the Liverpool top looking jet lagged.

Some advice would also be appreciated if I may please - Tony has given me the middle set of seats for the van (with a house in Aus I am the cheapest hotel around for friends and family so will use the full 8 capacity!) but we can't fit until I find seatbelts. Any suggestions on where I might get these?

Also, I see a few vans with cool looking panels behind the front seats - any ideas on those? Bus Stop perhaps?

Any advice gratefully recieved.
    Happy Motoring!

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hi Paulm Not much help in the advice on bits and pieces but welcome