1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Members

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Roy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Welcome pippajane, gazdog and 77twin, the more you post the more you get so type away!! Make sure you let people know your rough location so that they can offer advice, ask for help and/or invite you out on runs!

Ray & da Boyz

2. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

790 members as I type this. I guess we've stopped guessing when we reach milestone numbers but ............. any bets on when we reach the 1000 member mark??

Welcome BUS62, member 790! (I've got a '62 panel parked in my yard!! Not mine though :( )

Ray & da Boyz

3. Camperstud

Camperstud New Member

Better make that 791 members Kommodius!!!
    Proud owner of '73 camper as of yesterday. Glad to finally be a member of the family.
    Matt

4. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

He he! Welcome Camperstud.
    That's quite a handle to live up to mate!! Congratulations on the '73! Looking forward to seeing it in Canberra next year.

Ray & da Boyz

5. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to all the newbies, nice to see you all in here, enjoy :)

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Great to have you as member 791 Matt - number irrelevant - be sure to come back and visit often to have your say

7. mattyi

mattyi New Member

Hey guys. I've been browsing these forums for a little while, seems like a really great community.

I'm on the hunt for my first kombi. So if anyone hears of any in the Coffs Harbour or surrounding areas for sale, I'd appreciate it if you could get in contact with me.

Thanks guys.
    Matt.

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Matt (hey, that was a band!! LOL ) sorry,
    good luck with finding your first Kombi. :)

9. KahunaKombi

Welcome Matt - there's at least one other member from Sawtell + KombiKid who is now in Brisbane.
    Think there was a Kombi listed in the for sale forum in you area.

10. KahunaKombi

11. mattyi

mattyi New Member

Thanks guys.

I actually went to school with Kombi_Kid, I think he was back the other week. I also see Ray driving around in his Kombi a fair bit. Thanks Bert, I'll get in contact with him. I'll have a look in the sale forum as well.

12. NICKOS

NICKOS New Member

HI EVERYONE!
    I'M A DEFINATE ROOKIE TO ALL THINGS KOMBI.
    AT THE MOMENT, MY SOLE LINK TO THESE GEMS IS MY LOVE OF THEIR APPEARANCE AND STYLE.
    HOWEVER, FROM WHAT I GATHER THESE BABIES GET YOU HOOKED, AND IT'S NOT LONG BEFORE YOU HAVE A SOUL LINK.
    I'M A 21yr OLD FROM BRISSIE'S INNER NORTH SIDE AND AM CURRENTLY ROLLING IN A 1984 240GL VOLVO - (PLEASE DON'T HOLD THAT AGAINST ME!) BUT IT GETS ME FROM A TO B (SURF TO SURF RESPECTIVELY) UP AND DOWN THE COAST.
    HOWEVER, WITH A SURF TRIP DOWN THE EAST COAST OF OZ BEING PLANNED AS I WRITE, I WILL BE IN PERSUIT OF A LONG AWAITED UPGRADE TO THE RIDE OF MY DREAMS - AS THE VOLVO WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP MY BOARDS AND ME WARM AT NIGHT!
    ALSO HAVING LIMITED MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE AND A LONG DISTANCE TRIP ON THE HORIZON I'M LOOKING FOR A TRUSTWORTHY BUS WITH MINIMAL WORK STILL NEEDED ON IT. ALSO WITH A PRICE TAG OF AROUND 10K.
    IF I'M SOUNDING LIKE I'M WANTING TOO MUCH TO ASK COULD SOMEONE PLEASE BURST MY BUBBLE AND BRING ME BACK DOWN TO REALITY.
    THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE ALREADY HELPED ME OUT HEAPS
    NICK

13. Twisted Ivy

Twisted Ivy New Member

G'day All
    I just got myself a 1970's Kombi, lookin to do it up as my promotional car for a new florists called Twisted Ivy in Emerald Victoria, rest assured i wont be covering it in flowers. The body came pretty stock but with no interior, so if anyone could help me out with finding the right places for parts that would be fantastic!

Cheers

Dee

14. Coast to Coast Kombis

Coast to Coast Kombis New Member

Hello and chance for a FREE GIFT.

Hello everyone. Had some great response from my Kombi for sale advert and some nice welcome messages from old customers and friends. If you do not know me, my name is Iain Walters(company is COAST TO COAST KOMBIS) and i have been fixing up and selling Bugs/Ghias and Kombis for 20 years..i am only 36!! Do not think i have ever been without a VW. Even when i travelled through Australia for a year i was in one! At the moment i am located at 5/42 Bailey Crescent in Southport. I usually have a couple of projects on the go for sale or for customers so please stop by for a nose! I have come across a lot of problems/ideas for Kombis over the years so may be able to help.

Of interest to some people is the recent installation of a secure crash tested seat with AUSTRALIAN standards that fits across the rear of the Kombi with baby seat capsule anchor points. The whole seats unclip in a second and folds forward leaving space for a platform to pull out and create a bed. I can send pictures to anyone interested.

Okay enough blah and promotion for me!!! Here is your chance for something! Had some stuff left over after some Splitty Van restos a couple of years ago and e bay is to much of a hassle so here is my hello GIFT.

I have 9 gear lever knobs left over...not sure why i ordered so many!! So the first nine poeple to send me picture of their splitty's sad gear lever knob can have one. Australia only sorry! I have 3 grey, 3 ivory and 3 black! GOOD LUCK!!!!!! Cheers Iain

e mail me a ccksales@cckcampervans.com.au

My website is www.cckcampervans.com.au

Phone 07 55773073 / 0405 537492

15. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

What a dude!!! :cool:

Hey Nickos... nothin wrong with a Volvo hehehehe... That's the OTHER car I'm passionate about! :D

Cheers!

16. KahunaKombi

Welcome Iain and Nick

17. toby

toby New Member

New member, old owner

Hi guys, I've just registered as a new member. I have a 76 bus, which apart from the usual ie; steering, rust, oil leaks etc is just great. Looking forward to bringing him back to somewhere near standard and just enjoying having a bus again.

18. kommodius

kommodius Active Member

Welcome Toby. The WA crew will be pleased to see your location! :)

Ray & da Boyz

19. 4hammers

4hammers Active Member

Hi All
    It is great we are getting so many new members. Also, nice gesture by Iain & if only I had a shabby gear knob. I would love a nice one for my Bay!!

Rob J

20. KahunaKombi

Great to have you as a new member Toby - visit often and have your say