1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Members

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Roy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. saffron

saffron New Member

Glad to be a new member

Hi Crew ,
    Firstly I would like to congratulate the guys on the great exposure last wek in the newspaper.
    Also i would like to introduce myself :
    My name is Dean Saffron ( saff) I have a 76 bus and live on the Gold Coast.
    I am a photographer www.deansaffron.com If anyone ever wants any pics of the kombi just give me a call.

Hi to all and have a great week.
    Warmest regards,
    Saff

2. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Welcome saffron :) Enjoy your visits to the Kombi Club.

3. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Welcome saff nice to have you on board you will love being a member anything you need or want to know all you have to do is ask

cheers

kaye

4. Bob Lynch

Bob Lynch Member

I am Bob Lynch and I live at Mile End South Australia. My kombi is an orange 1974 [I think] Sopru. The family have had it since late 1990 and after being semi retired for a while the old bus is about to return to more serious work. The engine has a Donaldson air cleaner [great], electronic ignition, [great] and an electric fuel pump just installed. I am looking forward to gradually getting rust and dents removed, fabric work fixed etc. I am involved in folk music in Adelaide and I will be going to Canberra for both the Kombi club get together and the National Folk Festival. I make musical instruments and will be displaying at the National. I look forward to getting to the next Kombi club meeting at the Hackney. All the best Bob Lynch

5. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Good upon you Bob
    See you at Canberra

6. bay window bandit

bay window bandit Active Member

Hi everyone my name is Mats i've just bought my first splity after owning three bays,it's an eleven window 1958 model in need of restoration.

7. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia Member

Good luck with the resto Mats. Don't forget to post some pictures in resto corner so people can check out your progress. Welcome to the KC.

8. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Welcome Bob this is a fantastic club to belong to with everyone only too willing to give advice or to lend a helping hand.Don't forget to post photos as we all love photos
    once again welcome

Cheers

Kaye and Rex

9. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Welcome Matts
    just ask, and those in the know will help you with any advice you may need
    and sometimes with advice you don't need LOL LOL

cheers

Kaye and Rex

10. bay window bandit

bay window bandit Active Member

58 split

Thanks for the encouragment as soon as i get some more photos i will post them, but the car carriers have taken it to Adelaide before dropping it off at my house, so now i have to wait one more week before i can start on the old girl.

11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Hey Bob, welcome to the Kombi Club, sounds like you have a great bus.

I look forward to meeting you at the Canberra meet - you'll probably have noted that several of us are bringing instruments to play, but they are probably not as nice as the ones you make. (I'm looking forwward to checking them out, too!). It will be good to have someone of musical talent there to offset my complete lack of ability! ;)

Seeya at Easter!

12. donny_split66

donny_split66 New Member

hey guys just joined up

hey guys just joined.I live in perth WA. got my 1st kombi bout 2 months ago
    its a 66 splitty Stoked!!! needs a bit of work but its licenced which is a bonus! Im missing a few bits a pieces so its would be good to have a chat 2 any1 who is able to let me know where to source some parts, also where u guys recommend work getting done when u cant do it ur self? thanx heaps guys chat soon

13. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Welcome to kc

Welcome to kc. This is the no.1 best kombi site in Aus. I know you will enjoy getting your kombi fix here. And when you travel interstate let us all know as we are a friendly mob and a visitor is a good excuse for a gathering of kombis for a bbq etc.

14. brookie

brookie Guest

Hi - welcome to another WA splittie- we are fairly spread out but lots of helpers.
    Apart from the founder of the forum Roy at The Bus Stop there are a couple of WA places you can get good used parts and help.
    Let's see a few pics and you are sure to get feedback and not just from WA

15. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

I have been pretty busy of late and neglected to say hello to all the new members.
    So here it is to you all

Hello and Welcome !!!

16. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

I just been a bit slack getting to this thread so a BIG Hi to all our new members

17. lawalk

lawalk New Member

lawalk

Hi to all we are just experimenting with site. Cheers Christine and Tony

18. kombimatt

kombimatt Active Member

All experiments welcome - just be careful of the outcome - very infectious around here.

Anyway welcome to the KC - great chat, great friends, good advice and always some one on the other end ready to help out with any little probs that arise.

Enjoy.

Matt

19. lawalk

lawalk New Member

hervey bay

Hi again. Still checking out this great site. I am so excited as we have just received our 2nd kombi. Our last one was up in the N.T. and wow we had a 'life' in her. About 3/6 months ago a group of enthusiasts gathered in Hervey Bay and I am wondering if any members were involved in this as I would love to get in touch and chat. Travel Well Christine

20. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome aboard to you both :)