1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle/Central Coast Christmas Party

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, Dec 14, 2008.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Wow. What a great party. First - a huge thanks to Jay and Janine for allowing us to take over your place and your street!! The kids all loved the pool and the pool table! Thanks must also go to Santa! The kids all enjoyed receiving thier presents (ok - except maybe Sienna) and we really did appreciate the job you did in the heat - THANK YOU.

A mammoth effort by Kelly and Celia driving all the way from The Sunshine Coast to Newcastle for a party and also to Lorraine for joining up with them and coming to the party too! It was a huge suprise to everyone (except me :lol: ) and I hope you girls all have a safe trip back. Another big shout goes out to Ian (Rev) for trekking up to join us from Lithgow - despite some dodgy directions from Jay - I hope your trip back was safe and speedy.

To the Central Coasters and Newcastle crew- well done on another fantastic turnout. Full moon, clear night - it was perfect.

[​IMG]
    Verity can finally say she has been in a Kombi for a drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. melissa

3. melissa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lorraine is going to be the entertainment at Bonny Hills with her Secret Santa gift....LOL

and I will just leave it at that ;)

4. melissa

Santa did a wonderful job....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. melissa

6. melissa

7. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Thanks everyone - had an awesome time and it was great to meet everyone in person.

Got home ok in under 3 1/2 hours.

Thanks to Jay and Janine for opening their house, they were great hosts.

I hope and pray that everyone has a great and safe Christmas.

Rev.

8. melissa

9. melissa

Good to hear Ian! I am sure it was easier going home! How were my time estimates?

10. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Fair bit of riff raff by the looks. :)

Good pictures, good times. Glad you all had a good day. I'm about to head off to a Delhi Christmas part sporting a new santa hat. I don't look anywhere near as good as the real santa - good of him to take some time off making playstations and iPods to make it to the KC party.

P.S If that beefcake with the beer is Ward, I better pack a lunch.
    P.P.S Whose is that cracking lowlight with the ragtop. Niiiice.
    P.P.P.S The white-over-mustard looks like it'd be pretty slow.

11. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Much better than Jay's :) Would have closer to three hours if wasn't for a hugh wind storm coming over Mt Bell into Lithgow - was dodging fallen trees and branches.

Rev.

12. Animal

Animal Active Member

Had a great time sorry we couldnt get there any earlier you know how it is this time of the year three parties in one day.
    Good to see the nimbin girl Larraine,I love your panel, can I have it I would look after it and it would look great along side my ute and bus dont you think..
    Anyway cheers and beers to all and be safe on the roads.

Be cool Animal..

13. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Now that looks like a party,what a great setting,great looking day and a great bunch of people.The front yard looks like a VW car yard...hope you didn't intimidate the neighbours too much with your fun and festivities :lol:
    Steve

ps...really nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd and well done to those who travelled the distance to party on :cool:

14. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Looks like you all had a great time, and we are glad that Lorraine, Kelly and Celia made it there safe and sound.
    What a great sight that front yard is, lots of fanatatsic looking busses.

15. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Looks like a great day guys... Sorry we missed it by a few days, will have to plan better next time.

Gotta love having your street become a kombi park!

Cheers

16. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yeee haaaa!! That looks like everyone had a fun time, especially the kiddies. That pool looks really nice Jay. I'm surprised you got rid of everybody actually. I would have been in there for HOURS.

Glad to hear the 3 travelling amigos all got there safely. :)

17. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

We had an absolute ball (all the syncro 27 family) including Sienna who loves Jay/ Janine's pool and dog (we have a pretend pool but I think we will need a real dog shortly).

Thanks again Jay & the sensation Kombi crew for all the fun.

I think we managed to decorate Jay's street very well with our kombi Christmas decorations - Keely and Ceilia did a fantastic job inside their kombi - very festive.

Merry Christmas to all.

See everyone at the January or February meets - depending on what happens.:p

Cheers,

Scott

18. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

A huge thank you to Jay and Neen for hosting this party - can we come back next year? It's hard not to have a good time with two such lovely, welcoming hosts :heart:

Santa was fab, the kids loved the pool and the pool table (my 6 and 8 year old stayed up till 1am playing - I had gone to bed hours before!) Ian was the last man standing apparently. Wonderful to finally be able to catch up with Rev, Kelly and Celia.

I got not one, but two Kombi rides. Kelly, maybe we should go into Kombi rallying, you as the driver, me as the navigator :p

I let down the side by tragically passing out on a very comfortable sofa far too early in the evening and my head hurt this morning ... always the sign of a good party :) Not sure who felt worse, me or the dog Tassie. Neen came to the rescue once again with tea, bacon and egg rolls and panadol. What a woman ...

Thanks to Melissa for posting photos - I haven't got the patience with Photof*%&ket.

Have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Verity, Ian, Ben and Niamh xxxx

19. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

A Kombi Parking Lot

[​IMG]

Rev.

20. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Neen,Ella and i would like to thank you all for coming.It was great to meet those of you we hadn't already met ,hope you all had a good time.Thanks to all the pool lifeguards for watching the kids,Ian for his great job as santa,Lorraine for her amazing cleaning up skills this morning(and letting me have a short but very sweet drive of Blue Bus)and the other Ian for making the bacon and egg rolls this morning.
    I still can't believe the distances travelled by Kelly and Celia,Lorraine and Ian.I hope every one got home safely(although i'm sure Kelly and Celia are still driving) ,sorry about the directions Ian,it was a matter of crossed wires.
    Any way merry christmas to all.
    ps Jon Ward was very well behaved.
    pps Verity was the first to crash and her husband Ian was the last.