1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle/Central Coast March Meet

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, Mar 15, 2009.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Fantastic day today for our cruise to Nelson Bay! We had a special long distance guest in ttmck (Tom) from Adelaide who enjoyed meeting a few members he had not met before and catching up with a few that he had.
    Meeting up at Hungry Jacks, we were met by Reno Bailey (Mick and Sue) for their very first KC get together. I arrived with Tom and Jon Ward then Jacqui arrived with Craig. Jay (Greenbay77) arrived with Neen and Ella and we waited for any Central Coasters. We were also met up by a couple of boys in blue... which made everybody look!!!! But I gave one of them $20 so we didnt get any defect notices... everyone saw it too!!!! LOL
    [​IMG]
    I got a phone call from Scott (Syncro27) to say he was already up there waiting for us with his brother and Carl and Juzbee were up there too. We set off about 10.45am and along the way we met up with Kerry and Denise with their kids.

So we had a nice little convoy getting along with 7 of us going up and over the Stockton Bridge up to Nelson Bay. Originally we thought of going to Shoal Bay but the parking there is not too crash hot so we went to Little Beach, which was just perfect for the day, although not great for any surf - even though Laine gave it her best try...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we arrive up there just after 12.00 to a nice shady spot with just enough room for us to park. The fish and chip shop was a short stroll and they were pretty quick with service too.
    We had a visit from the coffee splitty - a really nice guy named Luke who is going to join here and you might see him at a few VW events. He was at the markets that were on, just around the corner from the meeting spot. Enjoy the photos. Safe travels Tommy, who left my place just before 5pm on his way back to SA.

[​IMG]
    We had a great day and there was discussion about our plans for the convoy to Bonny Hills along with some talk of a meet with the members from West of Sydney. This would be a Saturday that would probably need an over night stay. More details later.

2. melissa

[​IMG]
    Hungry Jacks Belmont North.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. melissa

4. melissa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the way home.... maybe Jay was overtaking to keep his windscreen clear???? Poor Hubert...automatic transmission fluid leak.. hope it is getting sorted (did you leave it at Nymeyers? Scott thought he saw it on the way home tonight out the front)

5. melissa

[​IMG]
    OMG!!!! Its a pregnant man!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    Lovely spot.

[​IMG]
    Kids have a good time whenever we get together.

[​IMG]
    Susy and Tick Tock leading the way home over the Stockton Bridge.

6. melissa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Luke's splitty cafe.

7. Hubert

Hubert Member

No that's our friend's Marlyns kombi it’s a 73 camper, the one that the wheel almost came off on the way up.:cry:

We just made it home with about half a litre of auto transmission fluid left & am considering taking it to Nymeyers for a 2nd opinion or just converting to manual transmission.:(

Apart from the dramas Sue & I had a great day & were really happy to meet all of you & if we can get Hubert sorted we'll be coming to many more.:D

Thanks once again to Tom for his help with the auto transmission fluid & his advice you come in real handy mate & if you ever get sick of Adelaide I'm sure we'd find a spot for you in Newie.;)

8. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Awesome day!
    Loved it. Here's some more pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. melissa

It was lovely to meet you both - we are a bit of a weird mob arent we?? LOL

I am hoping its something really minor, and I hope your friend's bay is fixed easily too. Nymeyers definitely know their stuff.

We would love Tommy to move to Newy but I think he loves Adelaide too much.

10. juzbee

juzbee Member

It was such a great day.. always a joy catching up with the old and meeting the new...Ya gotta love the laughs..Laughs are great!!!:D

Mars Bar slice, Mars Bar slice I love Mars Bar slice :heart:

11. greenbay

greenbay New Member

it was a great day,good company and good fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    jono wasn't the only one enjoying the treats from the splitty caf

12. greenbay

greenbay New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some kombi bums
    [​IMG]
    my girls playing silly buggers on the way home.
    thanks everyone for a fun day.
    Jay,neen and ella.

13. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Looks like you had a fabulous day. :)
    Wish I could have made it but I suppose I'll just have to wait for the next one. :(
    I'll just have to put it in the diary early enough.

14. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Great day guys, I think that she might have got more surf if she was behind Jon's bus, getting towed. That would have been a sight.

15. Katrina

Katrina Member

Looks like you all had a top time. I was thinking of you as i drove in the opposite direction Sunday morning. I hadn't mentioned it to the kids as we couldn't make it with soccer and funny thing was they asked on the way home when can we go on another kombi cruise.. long wait now.

Looks like u r all lucky too. Max has come out in a rash and kids in his class r off with Chicken Pox so looks like he might have it too. So lucky for you all we didn't come and share :)

See you all in may (i hope, i'm havin withdrawals).

16. greenbay

greenbay New Member

I Would Like An Excuse Not To Go To Work Katrina.could You Please Bring Max Over For A Visit.
    Then I Could Stay Home And Work On Dora....

17. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

We left last from the beach and should have left about half an hour earlier as we got hammered by a massive storm on the freeway.

We managed to shelter under an overpass when the hail got a bit sizeable but absolute kaos everywhere. No damage done and the car got a good wash - not even a trace of any bugs on the windscreen.

Other than that what a sensational kombi filled weekend topped off by finding the Los Scramblas Cafe kombi owned by Luke Bridgford the 67 RAAF air traffic control kombi at the markets and he was easily pursuaded to join our nutty bunch of kombi folk complete with the pregnant man as Melissa spotted. :D

Awesome weekend - bring on the Bus Stop weekend.

Cheers,

Scott

18. greenbay

greenbay New Member

Nutty ?us?

19. jon ward

jon ward Active Member

Just you Jay, just you.

20. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

I would say we are all a little nuts in our group but Jay does seem to stand out quite a bit in that area.