1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newcastle/Central Coast/Sydney meet 30/11/14

Discussion in 'NSW' started by melissa, Nov 30, 2014.

1. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Gorgeous day today for a cruise to Norah Head. There was a lot on today but we had a nice shady spot and were able to park together. I am sure Greg will add some of his special shots - he is such a wiz with the camera. I just got some candid shots of our group.
    Massive effort from this white Dormobile from Penrith - (sorry I forgot your names) who had the ignition key break in the sliding door. A phone call to Pat was made and after some very hot work removing the steering wheel, a toggle switch from Hayden's toolbox - we thought it was solved - but then the steering locked kicked in - even though we turned the wheel both ways before starting and no lock kicked in - then a call was made for a spare key to be bought from home - but by the time I got home, I heard a spare key from another car got the lock off and they were able to head home.
    What's a kombi meet without some breakdown or drama. Thanks for coming everyone and I hope you all have a great christmas. Looking forward to next year and some more get togethers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

OK, due to popular demand (well of at least one person) I risked life and limb in a busy road to get these shots. Sorry Chuck, somehow I missed yours!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

melissa likes this.
  3. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Nice shots, see it was worth it :)

4. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Brilliant,

Nice photos Greg.

Great weather - still trying to get the sand out of the dog and the kombi.

5. jjdz

jjdz Active Member

We are home and well. Thanks for a lovey day and it was lovely place. Thanks to everyone with helping with the broken off key a special mention to pat and chuck. Champions, we are bless to have meet you all.
    TO DO List
    get more keys cut
    fix locks
    become a member of the NRMA

Jodee Jeff and Zoey
    77 Dormobile
    2011 T5 transporter

melissa likes this.
  6. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

You need a dog crate. Mine fits perfectly in the back of the Caravelle with room to spare. Then no problems with sand in the kombi.

Sand in the dog is a different issue!

Glad you made it home ok!

7. kombinut

kombinut Member

Nice to catch up with everybody. Glad Jodee, Jeff and Zoey got home safely, sorry the toggle switch didn't solve the problem. Hayden

8. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Sorry Jodee, Jeff and Zoey - I remembered Zoey's name but couldn't remember yours!
    Glad you got home without too much more delay.

9. Syncro27

Brilliant again.

Very glad you got it sorted - Pat will always get you home - he is a genius and he has got vehicles going again on the side of the road that would leave most NRMA mechanics racing for the tow truck.

Lucky he lives nearby.

With a wet dirty / sandy dog and a daughter that was busting to go play with her best mate - I had to go - I could see you were in good hands anyway.

10. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

It was a great day out even though the kombi numbers were a little low.
    Thats cool Greg with not getting my car in a photo,you can see it in one photo on the front corner though so that,ll do!!
    Jodee, Jeff and Zoey. We love theses cars an things like this do happen.
    Thats the funny thing with kombis ,they usually break down in a good spot and helps never far away.
    Glad to help out and get you all home safely and saving your brother a 3 hour drive to bring up the spare key!!!.
    Pat loves doing things like this ,he loves the challenge of getting kombi,s back on the road.
    Funny how the last key we tried from an unknown car ,unlocked the steering lock.
    Over riding the ignition wiring isn,t to hard a job.
    It was also nice that Hayden had a toggle switch in his car that we hooked to the wiring up to start the car with.
    cheers all ,
    chuckster

11. jjdz

jjdz Active Member

thanks hayden for the switch will leave it in the car return next time we meet can someone let pat know keys are sent yesterday merry xmas see you all soon

12. Syncro27

Finally got my Iphone cord working - actually pinched my wifes cord as the crap one I had died.

Anyway, heres a couple of photos - I think Chucksters is in here.

Two more kombis seemed to turn up and quickly dissapear?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is our group area in the shade - luckily there was plenty of it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  13. kombinut

kombinut Member

That's ok it's only a toggle switch. Just glad you got home. Hayden