1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin 2008

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by ruby6689, May 3, 2008.

1. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

nice

some really really nice shots here...very very nice.:heart:

2. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Lorraine if we go there we have to stay until dark, I cant describe how it feels to sit by the creek in the dark surrounded by tiny blue lights, its the glow of a small mushroom about the size of a pea, I always thought it was glow worms in the creek bank until when Jacqui and i camped there i found one on a log near where we were camped. Its like you are sitting amongst the stars with the sound of the water running through the rocks. I dont know of anywhere else that this type of mushroom grows, i was amazed when i found out it actually was a phosphorescent shroom, real magic mushroom experience, without any side effects.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

You're on Glen....would love to see that myself. The light was fading as we were there yesterday and the moss on the rocks glowed, stunning...............Lorraine

4. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

Heyyo yo,

A few photos from the "trip" on our weblog http://curtainmelsblawg.blogspot.com/ Cant think of a better birthday spent.

mmmm nimbin coookie mmmmmmmm it's a shame i had to lose mine before we left not a constable in sight all the way home!

cheers
    curtis

5. glow-monkey

Nice blog Coitus, i will have to come and pull some grass with you one time. No chainsaws to the legs though thanks.

6. Lumpybus

Lumpybus Member

I'll tell mel, the weblog is her baby. I did a web gallery for years but got burnt out, web logs are much easier.

Anyone in the KC is welcome to drop in and camp of course. Especially now as I've busted my foot up brushcutting and can't walk. I need someone to carry me around like the crippled author in A Clockwork Orange. :cry:

Is there such a thing as a VWWOOFA?

7. Marty

Marty Active Member

Those photos really make me yearn for another roadtrip. Good to see all you guys out having a good time though. (very envious!)

8. ruby6689

Hot off the press the 'Nimbin Good Times'

The convoy....Brewmaster's and Understandingmercury's
    [​IMG]

This one is for StevieVW who hasn't got over the shock yet:eek: I recognise those faces! That's a lot of green paint!
    [​IMG]

Lorraine

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  9. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Damn!! I think a bit more green paint was needed. :eek:

That's Amanda's Norbert following Brett by the wya. :)

10. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Otis makes the News .........

How about that Otis makes the News!

Maybe next year we'll bring Wilfred! ....... if he ever gets his heads done and gets GAS!

Cheers
    Brett

11. ruby6689

I had a word with the major organiser today as I had some reports of people riding on the bumpers and told him this NOT on and members of KC would not attend again if there wasn't measures put in place to see that it doesn't happen.
    He suggested that I seek help from the police and he will also make it a priority for the jungle patrol (our mardigrass helpers). I asked if the road could be taped off and he said YES :) they have enough tape to do the whole area....so this WILL happen next year.

There was a piece in the paper asking them to refrain from doing it and also over the PA and on the local radio, but I guess the idiots who do it can't read, listen or respect.:wtf:

Sorry guys I was very upset to hear that this had happened....Andy also had kids riding on the back of Blue Bus.

Lorraine

12. Tequila Sunrise

Tequila Sunrise Active Member

Hi everyone,
    Wow! Great photos everyone. I am going to add some candid party shots if I can manage to get them on. There is a first time for everything.
    By the way Andy and Lorraine thanks again for a wonderful weekend, you guys were such outstanding hosts once again. I will be coming up to Klubfest now instead of the retreat weekend with Glen as the dates had changed. Unfortunately Daisy will be staying home again and I will fly up to Brisbane and come down. She will definately be at Valla, Old Bar and next years Bus Stop.
    Hey Curtis, maybe Jules can VWWOOF at your place, she is always looking for a new challenge and an entertaining one.
    Anyway here goes the photos, if they don't turn out I will try again.
    Jacqui
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Tequila Sunrise

Sorry Brett I forgot to turn you around. At least I managed to get the man behind the camera! Here are some more seeing I have mastered it (sort of) Glen would be proud!

Sundays entertainment of Glomos tyre getting changed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Tequila Sunrise

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The police on Sunday
    [​IMG]
    Stevie hungover
    [​IMG]

15. Tequila Sunrise

16. BargeArse

BargeArse Active Member

Nice shots there, Jacqui! :)

You did a really good job of capturing us at our social best. I like them.

Oh, and RE the pics on their side - you can now log into your photobucket account and edit them from there. So those ones of Brett and Dean you'll be able to fix and they'll then appear the right way 'round in here.

17. Tequila Sunrise

18. Tequila Sunrise

Thanks Jules,
    Couldn't change the pics I already had on or am I still a bit blonde. Anyway Brett and Dean have a couple of different angled photos, Sorry guys.
    Catch you all at Klubfest,
    Jacqui

19. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

And that's why I take pics rather than be in them!

And people wonder why they don't often see me in many shots...... ha, ha ......now you all know why!

Much prefer to take the pics rather than be the subject!

Cheers
    Brett

PS Almost a perfect pic of my other favourite forum ..... pint.com.au

and BTW

The reason why I am up at this hour is that someone at school kid or staff has given me a reoccurrance of the flu that's been going around ...... and I only recently got over a dose of it! Thankyou very much as I hit my best friend in my hour of need .... Mr Echinacea .......

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  20. glow-monkey

Nice look Brett, you can now go in the lookalikes section with a pic of Heidi next to you. LOL
    I am home with the flu as well, its a killer too, i even had flu shots this yr and im stil floored by it. Will be wearing a little kombi medical mask at manly this weekend i think.

By the way Jacqui. Well done love, you're even editing them now.