1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin 2008

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by ruby6689, May 3, 2008.

1. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Will the Brewmaster ever be upright in a pic?

But every time Jacqui edits me I am on put back on my side ...... ha, ha .....

Heidi.....? ........in a genuine Nepalese Beanie bought right off the streets of Kathmandu by moi

Just amuses me in my flu- ridden state.

Cheers
    Brett

2. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

great thread with some awesome pics guys. Very well done, looks like the weekend was a hoot!

3. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Maybe Dalai-di then, lol. sorry flu is playing mind tricks on me, I thought it was funny.

I was just referring to the way it resembles heidi's plaited hair, although i dont remember heidi having a goaty.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. The Brewmaster

And that's probably a good thing too Glomo

And that's probably a good thing too Glomo..... ha ha .....

Tried to do something smart as a reply but when you type Heidi into Google all you get is a million pictures of Heidi Klum and starngely enough we are not very similar in stature ...... don't know why......

How's the flu? Still laid up at home?

I have finally succumbed to it and stayed home from school today. Have G home from Kindy as well to look after me as Toni is working today and tomorrow.

Oh wow Play School has just started..... but no Reece ....... I think my two girls are obsessed with Reece Muldoon as G even chants Reece as she waits to see who are the presenters each day.

Got to get well for Open Day at school on Saturday and the Reds/Waratahs game on Saturday night ........... even though I would go hell or high water and almost barely alive for this game! And G has her Red Jersey all ready to wear Saturday night as well.

Hope you're well on the road to recovery Glenn

Cheers
    Brett

5. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

After about 20 pages of Heidi I found this one for you.

[​IMG]

Yeah Im off work for another day, it does seem to have broken already though, Moved to my chest and am coughing pretty loosely today, think it may have helped having the flu shot prime my system a little, would hate to see what it does to the old or infirmed though, it really floored me.

I thought reece muldoon was awesome on triple j when he used to do his playschool stories.

6. The Brewmaster

Ahh almost my original hair colour Glo

Ahh almost my original hair colour Glo ...... nice choice although can't remember it being that long .......

As for Reece I think there are a few fans in this household and one has been a Triple J fan for years .......hmmmmm......

Don't have the Flu Shot as I have had a bad reaction in the past when I used to get a freeby because I was a Boarding Housemaster. It used to make me sicker so now I have been recommended to just ride out the flu season without having one.

Oh no ............. Kindy has just rung and I have to get G into school for photos at 11.00am ....... so I must go off soon and take G in so she doesn't miss out. Things parents do for their kids!

Cheers
    Brett

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hey Brett one thing Dads can do for their kids especially the special ones is HAVE A FLU SHOT!!!!!! and protect the herd (subtle , you want me to spell it out......whoops I guess I did spell it )

Big Boy sometimes you just got to take one for the team......as a mate all I can say is......suck it up princess.

Your Caring
    Docster

8. The Brewmaster

But I get put into quarantine!

But I get put into quarantine!

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Finally on line again and with the risk of sounding like a few others , A HUGE thanks to Lorraine and Andy for thier generous hospitality over the 'Nimbin' weekend.
    Brave people to have that many KC ers in your own environs.

Was I clutching the nesquick can That tightly. Hell, we had gone over the back way into town [all 53 kombis and a few beetles n type 3] to avoid police road blocks and strip searches to keep it safe. I wasnt going to let some KC retard get their mits on it . Love has its limits fellas.

Please pass on my CONGRATULATIONS to the folks in Nimbin who organised and manned the event. Plenty happening and catered for the numbers.

This is definately the kombi event NOT to miss . I have enjoyed all the others I have attended but Nimbin completely encapsulates the whole 60's feel which we associate so much with kombis.
    Being an old fart,I actually am old enough that I was a teenager during the times of Woodstock etc and was 'SLIGHTLY'into a lot of the usual lifestyles of the time[not too much of that evil weed stuff tho]

For those who have a concern about the scene at Nimbin over the w/e .Forget your concerns. My son Paul did the driving for the w/e [as his bus has just had its new engine n g box fitted and I wasnt prepared to sort it on the road] and he spent the nights at the towns camping ground with friends from the ss coast. I had been worried about the number of fairly young teens and the obvious [well ,to a parent anyway]possibility of trouble and adult deviates but he said that the whole scene was actually very quiet . He doesnt miss anything so i trust his assesment.
    A huge police presence would have helped and they seemed to take a friendly approach so there was no confrontation that I noticed. Well done
    Organisers at the camping grounds also had a great /relaxed / tolerant demeanour but were also constantly on hand to see that all was well.
    My impression was that it was a lot better organised and MUCH safer than aNew Years at Mooloolaba or Gold Coast.

What I love most tho is the reality that this generation of teenagers are enjoying a similar experience ,both in kombis and 60s type lifestyle, that is DEFINATELY not a copy of what some of us did many years ago but truely thier own journey of discovery. I congratulate them for this. Keep it up guys . Life is for the living.

cheers
    col

PS 11.5 l/100km for the trip . Rapt.

Where were you WOZ
    Next years booked . BE THERE.

10. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

It's alright, I fessed up. Tell me a bit more about the brown jumper. I didn't think I had a brown jumper. Hmm.... And I had enough trouble getting all my stuff in my bag as it was, If it is mine, at some stage if it made it back to Amanda, I'm fairly sure I'll see her in the not too distand future ;)