1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin Kombi Convoy....

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), May 6, 2007.

1. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.
    Just got back home after a very fun filled weekend again....
    What started off great meeting everyone at Byron carpark had a weekend full of emotions for all..
    Contingment started up at the main carpark with some nice vw's & friendly smiles....leaving Byron & stopping for a photo opportunity at Bangalow we already had over 40 cars then....
    Got to Lismore & many more were there as well.
    Lorraine & Andy took there kombi & the ute
    (Lorraine driving one with a friend & Andy driving the other)
    Lorraine had a little "misadventure" coming into the carpark...but I will let her tell you all about that one... :(
    Many of us had a few "run ins" with peoples atitude at this carpark but thats best left not said (I gave a bloke a serve over his "negitive tone" with me regarding beetles)
    As this is a family site I won't repeat what I actually said, but lets just say he got a shock at my "colourful" Byron langage!!!
    For a small blonde I have a ""BIG" colourful vocab when I turn NASTY!!!
    Back to Lismore.....oh yes were was I....
    Nearly 60 cars where by this stage in the carpark so smiles & catching up/droolng/& vw chat where endless.
    As a few where not going all the way to Nimbin we left with about 55+ then making our way over to the Mardi Gras.
    There were again the police at the side of the road but this year they didn't stop us so what a relief for all concerned.
    Stopping just before the town of Nimbin again for another great photo, people started putting there flags etc on their cars.
    Lorraine & Andy's looked great & I had my peace flag going across my roof of the bug....great stuff.

Again heaps of people but numbers were down than previous years but still shocked some of the first timers on this K/Convoy...
    What a learning experience for them to see things they have only read in books....LOL
    We won't mention the bare breasted 85+ yr old woman giving us all a friendly welcome...hehehe
    But what a eye opener for all......fun with the locals, plenty of stories there!!!

Later we all met back at Lorraine & Andys.....
    Great to see so many made this trek & came.....
    Nice to meet a few new ones to the forum that came along & went home shaking there head with a smile.....(this means you "Model Jets"...great to meet you & your see through tent...lol)
    Thanks goes to Lorraine & Andy for again sharing there house & everything they own with us all....thanks for turning there lounge room into a nightclub!!!......we all will be back to "Club Nimbin" soon...lol....see blackmail pic later...
    Thanks to everyone who... shared this with me, again had a blast with you guys, plenty of laughs ( which will be talked about for a while), jokes were endless & some pretty funny moments where had :)
    Will post some pics as soon as I load them up to photobucket...
    Thx to everyone.... & especially L & A :)
    Judy :)

2. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Byron Carpark.... view pics run sideways....
    These pics are at Byron main beach carpark filling up..
    2nd pic is of Bens splitty (hes a local from Byron)
    3rd of KC members
    4th on the way to Bangalow
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/ByronBug/NimbinKC07009.jpg
    [IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/ByronBug/NimbinKC07004.jpg

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  3. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

More....
    Sorry they are not in order...
    But this is just outside of Nimbin...over 60 cars by this stage...I was in the middle of all this so many in front of me too.
    [​IMG]

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Ist one here is in Lismore car park....2nd is Bangalow on the way...

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

more...nice splitty parked in the Lismore carpark...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

more... these next 2 are in the street parade in the main street as we were leaving....we went in did a loop & came back around.... This green splitty is owned by Stewart (VWKING) on this forum...beautifully original & standard
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Hey Judy, thanks so much for posting so quickly. I loved all of the pics.

Will wait to hear about Lorraine's misadventure from her, and am proud that you stuck to your guns and came out with some choice words for a non-believer! :)

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Judy
    Doc here turn on MSN I need to help the photos are terrific :D

9. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Wow what a weekend

What a great weekend we cant thank Andy and Lorraine enough for the work they did to help put this weekend together. Also for opening up your amazing house to everyone, we didnt want to leave. We had a great night and we are sorry that we slipped away before the dance party began.
    This was my second trip to Nimbin and Adrians first we were totally blown away by the people and sights that we saw. I only wish I took some photos driving through the main street along with 57 other Kombi's. It was a site especially the half dressed 70 to 80 year old that Judy mentioned.
    The only down side of the weekend was Lorraine having a mishap with her pride and joy. I am sure she will fill you all in on what happened, its a shame when things like this happen to spoil a great day.
    Great photos judy I have a few more that I can add.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

More photo's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Camp over at Lorraine and Andy's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Yes there is more

The moral of the story dont let your wife pack the tent
    [​IMG]
    Judy & Mick
    [​IMG]
    Sorry the photo is a bit dark
    [​IMG]
    The morning after
    [​IMG]

13. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Nimbin Mardigrass

Wow, looks like I am last one home. Well I had a great weekend, thanks to the hosts Andy and Lorraine for opening up their home to all of us. It was my first Kombi Convoy and surely not my last. Also I hope to partake in many more Kombi trips away. Guess who has a picture of the old lady ME get a load of these photos below. Robert expresses his thanks aswell, I am sure he had a whale of a time and I think we have another KC member and convert too. Hope you enjoy all the photos.
    Dean

14. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Nimbin Mardigrass

Crap, I think I'm still stoned. Passive ofcourse?????

Attached Files:

15. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Mardigrass

More photos.....

Attached Files:

16. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Mardigrass

More photos....

Attached Files:

17. tstrawb

tstrawb New Member

Glad to hear you made it back safe. Hows that photo of the crowd i had to rub the eyes and make sure i was seeing right, is that the famous lady who walks around topless?? classic!

18. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Mardigrass

Sure is that old lady tstrawb. We thought we might get a couple younger ones to take over the task but none of them seemed to want to do it.

19. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

No doubt they couldn't compete with those knockers. Hope I'm that gutsy when I'm her age. :)

20. tstrawb

tstrawb New Member

Maybe next year!!
    I'll keep a look out for your bus when i'm over Caboolture way driving around