1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin Kombi Convoy....

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), May 6, 2007.

1. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

tstrawb

give us a wave if you spot us. you might also see the removals van 'JSM Removals' over your way on occasion.

2. tstrawb

tstrawb New Member

no worries i'll keep a look out, if you see a silver (dare i say) commodore wagon with frangipanidreaming sticker on back thats me or the wife.

3. sam and kirk

sam and kirk Member

Well what a great day! That was our first kombi club event, and was also our first trip camping with our two little boys. We stayed at fingal friday night, then went to pitch our 30 year old tent at Andy & Lorraines on Saturday night, and tore a big hole in it. We decided to head back to Brisbane, the boys were buggered and slept the whole way! Sorry we missed the night, would have been great to meet a few more members of the club. Photos are great, looks like you had a good night. Kirk is looking forward to the next one so he can drive his double cab.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Firstly sorry Doc for not getting your messages/ MSN's I lost my internet access straight after I started posting the pics....probably my doing...LOL .... :( then I was stuffed for the rest of the day until now (its 12.25 at night)
    Again "Thanks" to all of you for making the weekend worth waiting for ;).....haven't stopped smiling all day.
    & really fun to cut loose & be silly at "CLUB NIMBIN" formally known as Andy & Lorraines lounge room.
    Also I thank my travelling companion in crime (Joel) for again making my cruising extra fun with our beetle dancing again entertaining everyone...kombi's look so funny doing that...lol
    Thanks everyone
    Judy (blows a kiss to all)

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

...even Cammo went "Hippie"...I am such a "Bad Influence"..lol
    Tip: never talk to people as they take your pic...
    Me, Cammo, Toni & Brett
    [​IMG]

6. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Great photos guys, looks like eveyone had a great time. Well done Loraine and Andy, karma will certianly be with you.;)

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a weekend! So much fun, thank you to all you great KC members. I'm sure Model Jets got a bit of a shock on his first time out with us! (we can't promise bare breasts everytime!).It was great to see that you made it in the end, but pack the tent yourself next time, the weather mightn't be so kind!!!!!!!!!! It was a shame about Sam and Kirks tent but lovely to meet you.

Great photos everyone, loved "Monty" with his KC banner!

It was kinda strange waking up this morning looking out on our now empty yard, it was as though you had never been there, but the memory will last! Will definitely do it again next year and extend the camp ground to our adjoining block over the road for those who don't mind roughing it. Our house block is very steep with very limited flat area as you can see by the pics.

You didn't need a GPS to find us, just ask Douggieboy, who joined us for a while on Sat night, they just looked for the lights! Well done, thanks for coming.

I still can't believe that Chopper set the precident and jumped into the pool first thing in the morning, closely followed by Brett.....too cold for me!

I also can't believe that Stuart let me do a couple of laps around our roundabout in his magnificent original splittie, mind you Kimmy his little dog sat next to me in her basket and growled the whole way!!!!!!!!!!!!

As mentioned in a couple of post we did have one mishap:( with the kombi I was driving, 'Molly,' being run up the rear......I was pretty upset at the time as she is my favourite, but even that could'nt spoil our weekend. I now have to spend today getting quotes and try to convince someone to have her fixed by Klubfest.

There was a lovely coat, brown jumper, yellow cup and soap container left here....I will bring them to Klubfest or if you need them before just PM me and I will get them back to you before.

ONCE AGAIN, THE PLEASURE WAS ALL OURS, THANKS AGAIN FOR BRIGHTENING UP OUR WORLD:) :) :) ...............

8. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Tents

Sorry to hear about your tent Sam & Kirk. Did you see the air filtering through mine. We were warm and dry all night though so the hole probably wouldn't have been a big deal. Oh well, hope to see you at the next event (new tent).
    Oh yeah Lorraine, the soap container is mine. Looks like I will be dirty till Klubfest. See you then
    Dean and Deb

9. sam and kirk

sam and kirk Member

Hi Model Jets, yes I saw your tent, how funny. I dont think ours would have been a drama either, but one of the poles up top had collapsed and we werent sure if it would stay up all night. Camping with two young boys wasnt much fun either, and having been stuck in the car all day they were a bit wild! Definately leave them home with Nanna next time, and yes we will be buying a new tent! Hope to make it to Klub Fest, see you there!

10. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Hey guys, thanks for the pix and update, it looks like you're having a great time (despite the mishaps...). There are some nice VWs in those photos... Modeljet's "tent" incident was quite funny... I think I might try to make it there next year!

Sorry to hear about Molly, Lorraine... :(

p.s. Any truth to the rumour that Cammo is now repainting his kombi in rainbow colours and flowers? :D

edit: I just read online that 100 people were arrested over the weekend!
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1915920.htm

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  11. kombicam

kombicam Member

Wow Nice place Ru6689

Can I book a site for next year pleeeease??
    Looks like a great time was had by everyone.
    I am sure everyone appreciated your hospitality.

12. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Cool Man!

What great pix everyone! It really was an awsome experience. Well worth driving a few thousand kilometres for. See you all next year too! North from Eden eh?

13. ruby6689

I have just returned home from the panel beaters and 'Molly' will be back looking her best for Klubfest, had fun trying to find a perferred repairer for NRMA that could do her in time. Doesn't look like much damage but the whole back end and the rear side panels have to be repainted to blend the paint correctly. The other guy had no insurance and is an English backpacker so I'm really glad that I have fully comprehensive insurance.

I love the report that 100 were aressted the actual figure was 27! It was a really good mardigrass......hope you make it for next year everyone!

14. chopper

chopper New Member

G'day all,

Well, I think we've finally recovered today- it was an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC WEEK-END!!!! and we can"t THANK you both enough for having us there.
    We crashed last night at 8pm we were that stuffed-the "Club Nimbin" dancefloor might have had something to do with it!!! As Arnie always says: "we'll be back"!!!
    rob & rosie-aka the choppers

15. ruby6689

Thanks Chopper,
    We also crashed very early!......it was a delight to have you both, 'club Nimbin' just looks like a family room again...till next time..... booking confirmed!

16. Gerard

Gerard Member

Nimbin Weekend

Hi everyone,

Sandra and I had an awesome time!

A big thanks to Andy and Lorraine for having us on Saturday night.

Unfortunately we also had some negative comments made by a small few onlookers during the convoy in Nimbin. Unlike Judy, I managed to 'hold my tongue' - I'll be prepared next year though!!

Paul & Lynn - Sorry we didn't get to Byron last night as promissed. We ended up at Lake Ainsworth for the night.

Cheers

Gerard

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Gerard,
    Was great to see you came.
    & nice to meet Sandra....glad she had a great time.
    Catch up with you guys soon
    Judy ;)

18. ruby6689

Alan the organiser for the Kombi Konvoys rang me yesterday to ask that I pass on a huge THANK YOU to all the kombi Club members who helped make this years Konvoy the best every and to invite you all back next year.
    Well done gang...............Lorraine

19. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Kombi Convoy

The pleasure was all ours.

20. Toni J

Toni J New Member

150 odd photos and 30 mins of video tape

Hi to all those wanna be "Hippos" who went to Nimbin on the weekend.

Toni and I took over 150 pics and 30 mins of video. Bribe money can be left with me for non-disclosure of certain photos. Lorraine will have a copy of both as I want to have an invite again next year. You can then put up what you want seen Lorraine.

Shame the battery of the video died before our last line up going into Nimbin. Perhaps Douggieboy's footage can be combined with ours to make a Daria style Kombi Club clip such as the "Mad As" one from 2005 put on You Tube. Doug took bystander footage of the Konvoy. There may be some good footage there.

Anyone know anything about editing video clips from 2 same model Panasonic digital handicams? Love the footage of the "Sweet Home Alabama" dancing in the Lismore carpark. Classic.

Memories of 60+ Kombi's and Beatles serpentining along the Byron/Lismore road were priceless and a whole lot of fun.

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend a blast especially our hosts Andy and Lorraine. They opened up their house to so many people and nothing was too much trouble for them. Everyone got on like a house on fire and pitched in when there needed things to be done. Thanks guys.

We still can't get over what an assorted bunch Kombi drivers are! All sorts linked by the love of all things Kombi and Beatle (just for you Judy, Joel and Jarred).

Who needs a duff/duff party when Club Nimbin starts up at Andy and Lorraine's? With Chopper and Toni showing their moves INHIBITION went out the window. Fantastic stuff guys.

Thanks again Andy and Lorraine

Brett and Toni (written by Brett)