1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin Kombi Convoy....

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by The Dub Driver (Byronbug), May 6, 2007.

1. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Wow....looks as though that was a magical weekend,what an impressive turnup.I wish i was able to make it.I'll be there with bells on next year.

2. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Hi Jules,
    There is no better feeling than a bit of duff duffin in your LOUNGE....PANTS..!!!!:cool: Great weekend, great company can't wait to catch up at Klubfest.
    Toni:)

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jules,
    Great poem! Only 50 weeks to go till the next Mardigrass Kombi Konvoy. It was very easy to open our home to such a wonderful bunch of Kombi lovers...see you all at klubfest..........Lorraine

4. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Just got these pics from Daria...enjoy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

6. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Great pics Judy. I love that one of Lorraine's wheel cover - she's too clever by far to have been able to make that herself!

7. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

I can say she is very talented & she DID make it....
    Seen some of her other work, she is one hell of a clever girl...
    Judy

8. Archeress

Archeress Guest

She might give Necro a run for his money......

9. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

YouTube of Nimbin Mardi Grass, Kombi Convoy 2007, Byron Bay to Nimbin

Just found this on YouTube of the Nimbin Mardi Grass, Kombi Convoy 2007, Byron Bay to Nimbin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVhJTzqa6HU

Judy.......Wonder if Daria has played with the footage she took and with the stuff we gave her plus Doug's?

Cheers
    Brett

10. ruby6689

Good find Brett, gee I reckon we may have to open up our paddock over the road next year to accommodate everyone....... have to start thinking about getting numbers together soon so we can plan ahead as we had to turn some away last year and I don't want to have to do that this year, thoughts guys?...............Lorraine

11. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Strain on your property

Hi Lorraine and Andy

Just thinking that if you don't place a limit on the numbers you allow to attend then it may cause some problems eg....strain on resources or any narkiness developing because there are too many people.
    • Number of people wanting to use water shower or toilets....perhaps charge a small levy and hire a portaloo and say no to showers....just an idea.
    • The number of people your place could comfortably accomodate before it gets too hard for you and causes you headaches

If people are clear about what they can expect then they have no right to complain or get narky.

Most people and especially KC'ers would appreciate that and would think about you and your property. Too many and some people start to not think about others.

People need to understand that you and Andy can not host a huge number of people. Realistically there always has to be a ceiling or limit in numbers.

Just some thought for people to consider about the reality of hosting an event at someone's home.

Cheers
    Brett

Only you and Andy can decide on that figure.

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Agree with everything that Brett has said. Hiring a portaloo would be a good idea (and charge everyone a "camping fee" to cover your costs), and people aren't going to worry about a shower for a day or two. If they do, they are definitely in the WRONG place!!

You and Andy should decide how many people you'd feel comfortable with, and then spread the word if you're happy to do it all again. I reckon you should limit it to KC members only (not their friends and friends of friends, cos then you have people you have NO idea about), as well as any other friends you guys want to have there.

(As long as you figure me into the equation!!) :) I'm as subtle as a sledgehammer, aren't I?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  13. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

I think maybe ask eack person for a donation of a few bucks for the hire of a port-a-loo...
    I don't think everyone would mind chipping in for that..
    Judy

14. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

I wouldnt mind chipping in for a portaloo or for just the right to be there, other than that I have one of those porta potty camp toilets, maybe a few others have the same, all you need is a few tent posts and a tarp and hey presto a toilet, sure its not going to cope with hundreds of people but then again I dont think youd want too may people there anyhow. Like everyone else said, there is a point when a great group just becomes a great big group, I guess you have to decide that point. Before i got glomo (he's no longer george) I normally just slept in my tent for the night, out at protestors falls or crash in my mate Krusey's drum tent in peace park. It would be nice to have a safe place to park though.

15. ruby6689

Thanks guys for your imput, I will start a new Nimbin Kombi Konvoy 2008 thread to put up suggestions and to start getting no.s for next year. It's a few months away but it will creep up fast and Andy and I need to be prepared for next one as we want it to be just as good as last year if not even better.......I'm feeling excited already!
    .......Lorraine

16. Joel

Joel New Member

i just found some of the pics i took last year
    a great shot of nimbin rocks just a shame the cops came around the corner at the same time and glared at me LOL...

i think some ppls dancing and singing that night is best 4gotton.....

Attached Files:

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

nice pics Joel....lol...the dancing one is funny...hehehe
    Judy