1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nimbin MardiGrass Kombi Convoy. Sat 5th may, 2018

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by Billy Boy, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy Boy

Billy Boy Member

[​IMG]
    Details are the same as previous years with the Konvoy starting at Somerset Street, Byron Bay in the morning, gathering from 10.30am -leaving at 12.30pm Sharp, heading to the Car Park cnr Dawson & Magellan Sts, Lismore where more Kombis gather from 1pm and leaving 3.00pm SHARP so we can be through the Village by 4.15pm.
    There is plenty of time to have lunch when we arrive at Lismore or you can buy it before setting off at Byron (a picnic is also a good option) PLEASE make sure you are back at the gathering points well before leaving times as there will be a short briefing.
    After leaving Lismore the Konvoy will park up on the side of the road just outside town for a quick photo opportunity.
    Please be aware of other vehicles and move to the left to allow them to overtake wherever possible. These cars will be sorted out and directed down a side street at Nimbin and will not be allowed to break our formation as we drive through the village.
    If for any reason you are separated from the Konvoy just head for Terania Street which becomes Nimbin Rd.
    We plan to regroup at the cnr of Stony Chute Rd & Nimbin Rd just outside the village, please move to the left as far as possible. If the Konvoy is a large one, please use Stony Chute Rd as well to line up.
    Free camping is generously offered at the Rainbow Power Company for both Saturday & Sunday nights, just minutes walk into the Village & exclusive for Konvoyers. Hot water and toilets provided but no showers. The Konvoy actually ends as we drive into their carpark. Rainbow Power Company staff will be there to supervise parking. Please let them know if you are staying overnight or just parking up for a while. Spots will be allocated according to needs. I really don't think there will be a lot or room for awnings, tents etc so if you can keep your spot to a minimum that would be appreciated. Please be respectful and take your rubbish with you. The Lawn area may be available depending on the weather.
    Who's coming?

cbus and Weekender like this.
  2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Really looking forward to this one. Firstly a HUGE thank you to Nick and Andrew for organising it this year. We settle on our new property on the Friday before but have chosen to stay around a couple more days as we don’t want to miss the Konvoy.
    Who else is coming?

MAP77 likes this.
  3. deeksy62

deeksy62 Active Member

I will be there, looking forward to it, this will be my third Konvoy over the past 8 years, hopefully the weather will be great!!

4. Ange Carr

Ange Carr New Member

5. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Weekender likes this.
  6. Don Scholten

Don Scholten New Member

Yep
    I’m in. Will meet up sometime on the Saturday. Just have to see how my day pans out. Be good to catch up with kombi people I haven’t seen in ages.

ruby6689 likes this.
  7. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Hi Don,
    Are you the Don from Alstonville? If so, you know my kombi..... be sure and say Hi on Saturday.
    Cheers,
    Jules

8. bobthbldr

bobthbldr New Member

We will be there - looking forward to it - our first Nimbin Convoy Stanthorpe was pretty special.

9. tillis

tillis Active Member

We, the lovely Karen and I, Rob, will be there with a special reason to celebrate!

10. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Weather is good ATM

11. Kavman

Kavman Member

It’s going to be another top day!! Bring on Nimbin 2018

12. deeksy62

deeksy62 Active Member

Kombi washed and polished, windows cleaned, music sorted, vehicle tuned, fridge stacked ready for the Kombi Cruise, and had to work on Saturday so missed it.
    Maybe this should go in What PMO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.