No kombis allowed!!!

Discussion in 'NSW' started by chellejohno, Aug 26, 2013.

1. chellejohno

chellejohno Member

Just perusing the caravan parks in the Hawkesbury area for our holiday in September, and Chelle has found the Wanderest Travellers Park, and low and behold it states:

Vehicles NOT accepted are:-
    Combi vans
    Wicked Vans
    Juicy Vans

Guess we won't be staying there

Johno

2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I am sure if you rang them and told them you were not a pot smoking hippy that planned on running around your illegal campfire naked before taking part in and orgy with your acid taking love parade who had previously been singing bob dylan songs at the top of their voices for the past 5 hours, they might make an exception to the rule.
    As if they are trying to get rid of wicked and juicy vans then they are probably aiming for a certain type of clientelle.

Bruce Petersen likes this.
  3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

think they would have more risk with grey nomads. nothing left to lose hence no inhibitions :lol:

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

You da man - oh so true :cool: :D :p

5. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

And a hell of a lot uglier with the naked around the campfire bit :(

6. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

You should try organising a Bus Stop!! Calling caravan parks that have that type of attitude is not fun.

Debstar likes this.
  7. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

"You're not bringing a Kombi, are you?"

"Nope.....not A Kombi,.........just around 40 of them!" :)

"CLICK"....beep....beep....beep...... "Hello? :cry:

Debstar and jobell like this.
  8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Guess theyve heard of us

:lol:

9. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

I think it is more to keep away a certain type of person as its cheap. I have stayed there a while ago but then I have a T3 but I always call it a kombi at caravan parks as otherwise I am sure they wouldn't know what it is. You have to join and become a member of the RSL. I wouldn't get too upset its a car park with power and a view really. there are a few others to chose from round there

I know a few good more wild spots if you don't want power. one very urban lol commercial site

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. jobell

jobell Active Member

Wow, I had never even considered that kombi's might not be welcome somewhere! By the sounds of it though, that particular caravan park sounds like no great loss to the kombi fraternity.

Debstar likes this.
  11. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

its not really a caravan park in the traditional sense. you can only stay a couple of nights max. its cheapest place in Sydney with power. its fine but not like a normal grass large site

12. Joy Kombi Wolfsburg

Joy Kombi Wolfsburg Active Member

Thanks for that image Col. That will take a while to recover from.

13. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

We once stayed in a caravan park that told us they don't like kombis because the permanents whinge about the noise the wiz bang door makes if you get up to go to the loo in the night. We had to promise to exit via the front doors and even then they parked us right up against the amenities brick wall to muffle any sound we might make.

We won't be going back!!!!!!!

14. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Are you serious.
    Knobs.
    They should hear me snore through a tent.

15. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

we had some one move from the site next to us one trip because of the door noise :lol: - why do kids always want to go to the toilete at 2 in the morning :wtf:

16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

:lol::lol: ......

17. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

Just another case of the few creating a bad reputation for the many....

So if my rented camper has Budget or Avis down the side am I allowed??? They make just as much noise as the Juicy and Wicked Vans. Kombis (suffering neglect) are probably a bit worse.... as the door never closes the first time... or the second....

On a slight tangent I had a job interview the other day where I had to meet the guy in a carpark down the road because the office didn't have a street number and was hard to find.
    "What kind of car will you be driving?"
    "A white Kombi with purple bumpers- you can't miss it."
    To his credit he didn't hang up on me. During the interview he old me if I progress to the next stage (which I did) there would be a medical and drug test and they do not hire anyone who fails.
    I told him that despite the Kombi, and the Hippie-esque armwarmers and the purse with a peace sign on the table, I have never done drugs and that would be fine.
    He had a chuckle over that.
    So I have the medical, and walk in with the same armwarmers and purse....and the doctor is blatantly disappointed that the drug test is negative. Didn't even try to hide it. She was also less than impressed when I mentioned other "less than mainsteam" things like my naturopath and the vitamins in my fridge....
    Good thing she couldn't see Abby in the carpark. :lol:

I have had jobs in the past where I have put on a more "normal" face at the interview and only show the rest of my personality later... and regret it.... I'm to old for that. If you are going to presume to know me by my handbag and gloves I don't think I want to work for you anyway.... I'm not a Hippie by a long shot (I quite enjoy bathing) but I do have "Hippie tendencies"....

If you are going to stay in a caravan park then you have to expect that some noise in the middle of the night will be inevitable.... sites are so close together!
    I guess some people are unfortunate enough to be light sleepers :umm:

Abby.75

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    Debstar likes this.
  18. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

What about Grey Nomads in a Kombi??

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

definate disaster if it s who we are thinking about :lol:

20. keentogetgoing

keentogetgoing New Member

I have a kombi and a Toyota Hiace doors are similiar shutting noise on both .
    Winnebago organised events put you far away from the big campers / they hate the doors.
    I love the sound of kombis door closing \took me ages to get working locks paint etc -so it is a beautiful noise