No kombis allowed!!!

Discussion in 'NSW' started by chellejohno, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Otto

Otto Member

Hey Johnno, If you need somewhere to put the caravan while you go sightseeing I am at the end of the freeway 1 hour north of said park and 20 mins to Newcastle or Port Stephens( Nelson Bay).I have power in the paddock and in this park only VWs welcome!!! If you cant remember I met you & michelle at Old Bar, we discussed Swagman Pop Tops. Anyway offer is there if you would like to camp in my back yard. Cheers Wayne&Rose.

Debstar likes this.
  2. winerot

winerot Active Member

Rental vans are frowned on & ( kombi's, juice, wicker the absolute worst of the bunch) are targeted because of european backpackers.
    European backpackers are the worst bunch of travellers you will come across, we had a major problem of wicker vans camping in our village full of europeans & the mess including faeces outside the toilet block, around the bbq's & tents around the picnic areas ( camping on the beach reserve illegal ) & abusing locals morning walk for walking near their tents on the picnic area.
    You will find an increase Aust wide of not welcome around here & the no parking signs ie Byron Bay has signs No Parking between Midnight & 6. AM.
    I have personally got Wickers fined by taking photo's in the evening then next morning of the number plates & sending the info to the ranger (8 vans were camped in the picnic reserve for nearly 2 weeks), wickers now has removed its info on camping in our village.
    If any of you live around areas in the cities like the cross (Sydney), new farm (Brisbane) surely you will notice these arsholes that don't give two hoots about our country, it has become a big problem everywhere.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Debstar, tomhic and Grantus like this.
  3. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

is wicked camper vans still going. see very few of them about any more. How irresponsible to actually be advertising where is free to camp illegally. Wanderest I have not been back to for a while but is basically a car park you have to pay for and be a member of the rsl. I dont think the ban really applied to kombis as you have to join to be a member anyway. so they cant excluded on that. more likely to keep these "sorts" away.

Debstar likes this.
  4. winerot

winerot Active Member

Wicker is still going & i agree its not the kombi but as nowadays there is kombi hire places to backpackers i think that's the reason the sign includes kombi's.

5. beerboy

beerboy Active Member

Well This thread is nearly three year old. I cant see any mention now on the site to bar kombis. I fact friends of the site are wicked campers. So I dont think any kombis will have any problem what so ever. Can any young people afford a kombi now anyway.

Oh and it is now free for members to stay at the site.

6. hdj80

hdj80 Member

We were liking the idea of "naked around the campfire". But guess we better not now in case we reestablished that ban.

7. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

i think i stayed at this site a few years back....in a kombi
    it is basically a RV car park ..
    it is only for self contained vehicles .
    and its free ..
    i told them i was self contained ...maybe thats why they let me in ...you had to register at the Richmond club

we had a meal in the club and headed off the next day...pretty uneventful really...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  8. betsy

betsy Well-Known Member

9. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

I wonder, would a kombi be welcome at wanderest travellers park if towing a teardrop or tiny caravan?

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Full ensuite and group showers ?

11. chris taylor

chris taylor Well-Known Member

Jeez mate, not to sure about the group shower bit. o_O :(

12. kimosabi

kimosabi Active Member

Maybe they had too many Kombi's that would'nt start the next morning and left rust stains on the concrete slab...

13. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Don't knock it till you have tried it!

hdj80 likes this.
  14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Saves water doesn't it Al :rolleyes:

Alpal likes this.
  15. chris taylor

Nah, give it a miss I reckon :rolleyes:. leave it to you guys to enjoy........:cool:.

16. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

To much info:eek: .It gives you a rash I think;):confused:

17. chris taylor

Yeh soap on a rope would be the go I reckon:eek:..hahahao_O

Wayne murray likes this.