1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No spark :(

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Dapom, May 24, 2017.

1. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

hey all :)
    Well in the ongoing drama of Bernard I am pretty sure that my new pertronix flamethrower 2 coil has crapped out already :-/
    So before I phone micks to sort a replacement......I have power going to the coil from the double relay confirmed by test light earthed at the double relay earth point. I don't have power across the +Ve / -ve posts on the coil. Am I correct in thinking that means it's dead?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Not really.

Disconnect the + (Black) and test at the wire not the coil.

3. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

So I disconnected the black wire to +Ve and tested back to earth. I get just under 12v and on continuity the reading flicks between OL and 0.00 ohms. Coil has correct resistance across +Ve -Ve poles. Thinking maybe I cooked a diode or resistor when soldering so off to dismantle double relay adaptor again n check it :-/

4. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Have just run through all double relay tests and all is good.
    Fuel pump is running when cranked but no spark. Back to l-jet diagnostics manual I guess :( I hate that thing :(

5. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

l-jet has nothing to do with spark. It's just a normal system. Coil and points.

Resnort likes this.