1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Qld Road Trip August/September 2018

Discussion in 'QLD' started by No1 Rocket, Aug 11, 2019.

1. No1 Rocket

No1 Rocket New Member

Hi Folks, Hubby isn't so good on the typing, so has asked me to upload and share a little of our Road Trip to North Qld this time last year. First stop, Bundaberg, and if, like me, you're not a rum drinker, I would recommend taking the Distillery Guided Tour. On to Yeppoon, where I discovered, "Southerner's" fill up our Caravan Parks during winter, after getting 3 x "no, sorry, we're full" finally.... "but we're only a Kombie, see look, we don't take up much room"..... "yep, I can put you down the back"!! Big isn't always best. We (I) loved Sarina Palms Caravan Park, got a covered caravan site, felt like the Queen of Sheba!! On to Airlie Beach, and day trip to Whitehaven Beach, lots of tourists!!! Found beautiful little spot "Dingo Beach", no camping, another spot where being small rewarded us! North of Townsville we camped overnight in the free camp "Blue Water", so did a hundred others, we arrived at lunch, by dinner I thought there was now no room for any others, how wrong I was, next morning, found people had parked 2 or 3 deep!! Get in early if you want to free camp here!! lol On to Mission Beach, then "Paronella Park" Mena Creek, South Johnston. We really wanted to get here before another cyclone did more damage to the place. Great place to visit, entry ticket covers 2 days and overnight camping! On to the Atherton Tablelands, loved the cool, day trip to Ravenshoe, where we spotted...... Red Bay, so had to stop and knock on the front door. This old girl is still original, with the original family, grow son now has her and just did a repaint, had plenty of travelling stories in the old girl when he was a kid!! A couple of nights at Lake Tinaroo.... large site, water front, and only a few $$ through Qld Parks. The Old Girl (not me, the T3) has taken us on lots of adventures.... get out there folks, don't need a big fancy expensive rig!!

Attached Files:

rstucke, Syncro27, Wattie and 6 others like this.
  2. tillis

tillis Active Member

Hey thanks for the writeup....I need to organise more time off to go way north...haven.t been up that way in 40 years!

3. No1 Rocket

No1 Rocket New Member

Hi tillis, your trip i saw on forum inspired me to put our trip on kombiclub forum

rstucke likes this.
  4. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Great stuff! :)

5. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member