1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern Beaches Cruise Photos

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Frank, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Frank

Frank Active Member

Thanks to Steve and DJ for doing the planning and bringing along the bbq, plus snags, rolls, bread etc etc. It was great to see everyone on the cruise, and meet a few new folk. The weather was kind, and the company was great.

We had 5 Kombis at the start of the cruise, and waited for more than half an hour in case we had other late starters... ..anyway drove through to Sugar Mill in Narabeen for coffee, which took longer than usual too. It was quite a hot day and everyone was keen to get into the water or out of the sun. We all discussed it and decided to stop off at Mona Vale instead. None of us consciously realised that others would be joining further up, or we would have done the full trip through. Reading the thread now, I can see the postings, but we didn't think of it at the time. ...maybe in future it's good to just be in mobile contact with one another, to confirm what's happening on the day. ..sorry to the guys who were waiting to join in further up, none of us meant for that to happen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ..as you can see not a Kombi, but what an awesome car, and the red paint work just shone

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

3. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

4. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

5. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

6. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

7. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

8. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Hey a big sorry to you guys that we didn't catch up with, just as Frank said, there was a quick change of plan. We did post this up but not everyone can check this on the move. Only one answer for this, just need to do it again next month !!! Perhaps a 70's theme as was discussed today, flares, Afros and single fins :lol:

9. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a great day....my plans were changing by the 1/2 hr, so I thought I'd hook up along the way at the last minute - no drama, just had to go mow the lawns instead :eek: Lookin' forward to the next one. Cheers, Mark

10. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

i'll be up for that, but mines an 85... does that mean i gotta wear a mullet wig, acid wash jeans big tounge basketball shoes and a guns'n'roses singlet??? ;)

11. Frank

Frank Active Member

wow Mark... that's just not on... mowing the lawn instead of being on a cruise :(

...as everyone says.. time to plan the next one

12. Ponch

Ponch New Member

No worries, I actually didn't make it to Palmy until 1:30 ...but it was offshore at AV for a while this morning so can't complain. Will start working on my Mo for the next one. It's gonna be hard to out '70's my bus with the full mission brown exterior and matching trim

13. tails

tails Member

Sorry I missed the cruise today folks - see you at the next one.

Regards

14. lagoonjk

lagoonjk New Member

Thanks to Squidy for organising the day. Good photos too. Had to leave the cruise at North Narrabeen as had other domestic chores (much like Mark's) to attend to. Terrific to meet some new faces. Travel safe.
    JK

15. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

Hi all
    Yes was a great day for a cruise,big thanks to Squidy and DJ for organising the run up the Northern Beachers(and suppling the Bar Bee) it was a beaut Sunny day for it....
    heres a few picies
    cheers
    geoff
    Another great Line up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  16. geoff62sw

geoff62sw Member

Here's a few more picies

Here is another great Pigon Pear for you Squidy

[​IMG]

and a big thanks to Gareth and Steve for
    previding some entertaiment

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Who's 15 window??? :) I like it, I want it.... :cool:

Sounds like a good day, amazing how the weather suddenly fined up! I'll have to try and make the next one.

Yes, phone number of organiser(s) needs to be posted on cruises so that changes, delays, etc can keep everyone in the loop... :)

18. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Cld you please make it the last weekend in March as I will be in Sydney visiting my (grown up)children :cool:

19. spearsy

spearsy Active Member

Hey Markus I think that's Frank's.

20. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

It is Franks splittie, very tasty specimen . Sorry DaisyGirl, I'll be in the US last weekend of March but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to organize the Northern Beaches to get out and cruise again :)