1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Northern Beaches Cruise

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Squidy, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Had a fun day today with a good turn out. No surf but good times hanging out and a bit of a cruise. Big effort by Col Cbus to fly down from the Sunny Coast and Kai, Moe and Todd to make it from out west. A few photos from today

IMG_0810.jpg IMG_0811.jpg IMG_0812.jpg IMG_0813.jpg IMG_0814.jpg

2. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

More Piccies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

4. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

An awesome day for a cruise. Thanks Steve for organising it & the sunshine too! Great to finally catch up with Col in the flesh - a day is just too short.
    11 kombis all up.....well 10 + a T3 ( sorry Steve, couldn't help it.....) left from Tania Park on a beautiful "crisp" morning & cruised through Manly, Harbord, Curl Curl, Dee Why, Long Reeef, Collaroy before stopping at Sugarmill Surf Emporium for coffee. We sort of dominated the carpark -( read filled it ! )- for about 45 min. & then headed up through Narrabeen & onto MonaVale.
    Steve set up his BBQ & set the scene for a casual afternoon of eating, a few beers & plenty of talk. Unfortunately the surf was kind of ordinary & Mona Vale Boardriders were holding their monthly comp. on the closest bank. Simpler option was to keep talking, eating & drinking. At one point a very tasty, fully restored OZ split came up & stayed for a while - no-one knew the fella & it was pure coincidence that he chose to swing by Mona at the time. Needless to say the KC splitty Vulture Crew - (headed up by Geoff) - swooped on the poor hapless fella & the entire history of the vehicle was unfolded. This bus was a show-stopper, everything about it had been done properly......one by one people started to drift back to from where they had come from & before we knew it, the day - all to quickly - drew to an end.
    Special thanks to the crew that travelled a long way to get here, particularly Col. for flying down from the Sunny Coast. Sorry i don't have pics. - no camera - however I'm sure there will be more to come. Cheers, Mark

6. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

This is the Kombi that rocked up that Mark is talking about, an immaculate vehicle. Even the engine bay was schmick

[​IMG]

7. ick72

ick72 New Member

Thanks for the day Kirsten and I both enjoyed the day even with the faulty ignition ! Charlie enjoyed playing with the girls and slept all the way back to the west .

8. 67micro

67micro Member

We all had a great day, thanks for snags,weather and the organising. Cheers greg 20120624_120211.jpg 20120624_120113.jpg

9. Justin

Justin Active Member

awesome !!

what a great looking day for it too :)

hope all had fun

10. KombiMadness

KombiMadness Well-Known Member

Great day. Thanks to Steve for organising and bringing the barby and feeding hte masses...

I rode shotgun with Geoff in his '58 ute with original 1200cc engine. I even had a little drive. Was a perfect winters day..... :heart:

11. Syncro27

Syncro27 Well-Known Member

Gee you guys snuck in under the Kombi weather radar...that short notice must have fooled the weathermakers and they missed a Kombi Event - I'm sure they will be pissed now so watch out future events!

Looks like an excellent day with a great turn out for short notice.

12. Frank

Frank Active Member

Yes, I echo what everyone else has said - thanks to Steve for suggesting the cruise and doing the bbq for all of us :)

It was good to catch up with everyone and meet a few new folk as well. Good weather helped crown to the day.

13. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for a great run. Big thanks to squidy for the transfers and spot to crash for the night. Also Mark for info and offers of backup.
    I definately wouldnt be in the 'flesh' Mark. Bit 'chully.:)
    Dont know how you survived the day in bare feet.

Great to meet and put faces to names tho and as always an immediate repore with good folks.
    Enjoyed the beaches as well. Nice old school feel where we stopped for the BBQ.
    All round a worthwhile trip
    Will have to do another one now and have enough time to paw over Geoffs fleet. Had to make return flight so no time

Overcast ,raining and cold on the 'sunny coast' so think ive made a wrong turn and hit melbourne:(

cheers guys and BIG thanks

col

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  14. Ponch

Ponch New Member

Fun day crew, here's a few snaps.
    John

tania park line up.jpg

toy collection.jpg

tania park.jpg

monavale line up.jpg

15. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

hey all, finally got the internet working again. so thought id post some pics of the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

17. T2levitator

T2levitator Member

18. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Cool pics !! It was a great day. Cheers, Mark

19. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

Great shots Steve

20. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Didn't even see this thread. I have a few photos i will upload tomorrow if I get time.